Season Ticket Holders

What percentage of Vols's ticket holders opt out of 2020 season?

• 0-20

Votes: 35 23.0%
  • 21-40

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • 41-60

Votes: 48 31.6%
  • 61-80

Votes: 32 21.1%
  • 81-90

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m so low in rank it would never make it to me. I may do option 2 but 3 is more likely.

As a 30 year donor, I'm going to take the tickets (4) and then sell the ones to UF and Bama for a small fortune.Yeah I know it's predatory but it'll help pay for 2 weeks in Hawaii.
I am under the impression that since the tickets will be sold as a "season" ticket, they will be a digital QR code thats's scanned per game, and will be non-transferrable.

Could be wrong, but that's what I gathered from the email. This is how the Titans do it. You get a lanyard with your seat barcode on it, and you use the same lanyard all season long.

I am under the impression that since the tickets will be sold as a "season" ticket, they will be a digital QR code thats's scanned per game, and will be non-transferrable.

Could be wrong, but that's what I gathered from the email. This is how the Titans do it. You get a lanyard with your seat barcode on it, and you use the same lanyard all season long.
It's going to be a code on your phone that is scanned at the gate.

Digital Tickets

They announced this change prior to all the covid mess.

Unfortunately I’m not a season ticket holder. If they opt out will they be able to opt in next year to the same seats or will that be the price of opting out?

wow

Wow again
Yeah, from the e-mail they sent out is that you can roll everything over to 2021 if you decide to. There's a few more options, but I chose to roll over my Vol Pass to next season. I personally did it mostly because the atmosphere and pregame stuff is a huge reason why I love games. Plus, I didn't want to pay the same price for 5 games instead of 7-8.

Ut and Vivid Seats have said nothing about about reselling any football tickets this year. Hopefully that information will be released when Ut knows how many donor season ticket holders have requested season football tickets per their survey.

Good info, I didn't think about that. If UF is last game (I haven't looked at the schedule, but that's what I've heard) then I won't care about the ticket. Guess I need to call my lawyer and ask him about doing an escrow account for the Bama game.

The Tampa Bay Bucs have been doing that for years. You get a card on a lanyard but you can transfer tickets via an app. I'd say UT will use something similar.

Anybody got a connection in the ticket office to find out when emails will go out notifying who was chosen for tickets this 2020 season? The initial “opt out” deadline passed.
Also still awaiting official word on capacity. Fulmer threw the number 25% out there. Bama and Auburn are at 20%. From a revenue standpoint, 30% would be better and I think still check the box for social distancing.
Without getting too political- 30% outdoor Neyland is better social distancing than most folks get at Walmart. And the high risk folks know not to risk it. Plus they will be taking your temp going in the stadium, which isn’t happening at Walmart. Anxious to here the plan. Maybe it’s wise to not announce capacity for a while. The stats could calm down a little bit more.

Just read on Twitter that Nashville Mayor Cooper is to announce today there will be no high school football today. Assume this applies to public schools in Davidson County. Sure hope Vols can proceed with some kind of plan.

Blake Toppmeyer just published a lengthy article carried by Gannett newspapers with all details. His Twitter is @btoppmeyer

Anybody got a connection in the ticket office to find out when emails will go out notifying who was chosen for tickets this 2020 season? The initial “opt out” deadline passed.
Also still awaiting official word on capacity. Fulmer threw the number 25% out there. Bama and Auburn are at 20%. From a revenue standpoint, 30% would be better and I think still check the box for social distancing.
Without getting too political- 30% outdoor Neyland is better social distancing than most folks get at Walmart. And the high risk folks know not to risk it. Plus they will be taking your temp going in the stadium, which isn’t happening at Walmart. Anxious to here the plan. Maybe it’s wise to not announce capacity for a while. The stats could calm down a little bit more.

You might log in to the Tn. Fund website and initiate a chat....they have been helpful to me in the past

They just sent an email out with details. They’ll start sending seat locations out on Thursday and you have 48 hours to accept. It mentioned it may take 3 weeks to complete the whole process as they’ll send out the seat location offers in groups based on donation level.

I find it interesting that failure to respond within 48 hours is considered an automatic opt-in. You'll probably have unhappy people in any event, but I'd rather be sure that 100% of the people to whom I'm selling tickets have expressly requested to attend games in their new seats.

I haven't checked back on this site since I posted before the ticket emails. Did anyone else find it odd that Phil "requested" that they cut his pay by 15% but in the next sentence he says they are cutting budget by 20%? To me, he is not setting a very good example, and he is in a better financial position to take a much bigger cut.

I called TN Fund last Friday and put some of my seats into the pot to possibly get game tickets, although at my ranking (since I am not obligated to make a donation) it is highly doubtful. I have not paid for any tickets yet, as I called back in April and they were very flexible. They sent me an invoice to be paid in August. They also re-confirmed that Phil is only asking for money, and you don't have to give them any to retain your ticket rights for next year.

Also I have just received an email with link to ticket plan: Ticket Plan

Question: The way the process reads, is that any active donor has priority over someone as myself who has been grandfathered in since 71 and has only been paying ticket fees on 4 seats. So, in order for myself to be selected to be able to attend games this year, every single active donor would have to be asked and enough of those donors will have to opt out prior to my family being offered tickets? Is this the way it is understood by other as well?

Yeah, from the e-mail they sent out is that you can roll everything over to 2021 if you decide to. There's a few more options, but I chose to roll over my Vol Pass to next season. I personally did it mostly because the atmosphere and pregame stuff is a huge reason why I love games. Plus, I didn't want to pay the same price for 5 games instead of 7-8.
What, you don't think TA&M is equal to Charlotte, Furman and Troy?

Question: The way the process reads, is that any active donor has priority over someone as myself who has been grandfathered in since 71 and has only been paying ticket fees on 4 seats. So, in order for myself to be selected to be able to attend games this year, every single active donor would have to be asked and enough of those donors will have to opt out prior to my family being offered tickets? Is this the way it is understood by other as well?
Yep, you got it right. Those of us who've had tickets for 40+ years and who are not REQUIRED to make a donation are low-man/-woman on the totem pole. I think we'll be lucky if any tickets are left over by the time they get to us. It doesn't seem fair that someone who's only had tickets for a few years, but who makes a donation, get's higher priority than we do - but that's the world we live in.

Once seating in premium areas has been assigned, donors will be segmented according to their Tennessee Fund annual gift amount and rank order. Starting Thursday, donors in descending segments/groups will receive an email from VolsTix@utk.edu offering tickets in a specific location and a deadline by which they must accept or decline the ticket offer. If no response is received by the deadline, the tickets will automatically be accepted and 2020 renewal funds will be applied. Please note that the deadline to respond will be 48 hours from when the email offer is sent. This group email process could take up to three weeks to complete but could conclude sooner. All donors and ticket holders are encouraged to ensure that VolsTix@utk.edu is an approved sender to avoid having the ticket offer email directed to a junk or spam folder.

Tennessee Announces Adjusted-Seating Ticket Plan for Neyland Stadium - University of Tennessee Athletics

Reactions: ptcarter

VN Store

Back