Season Ticket Holders

What percentage of Vols's ticket holders opt out of 2020 season?

• 0-20

Votes: 35 23.0%
  • 21-40

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • 41-60

Votes: 48 31.6%
  • 61-80

Votes: 32 21.1%
  • 81-90

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unfortunately I’m not a season ticket holder. If they opt out will they be able to opt in next year to the same seats or will that be the price of opting out?

wow

Wow again

I have tickets I took over from my parents 10-15 years ago; we’ve had these tickets (in Y6) since the north end zone bowl was opened in ’79 or ‘80. I’m grandfathered in under an option that does not require a donation. As such I’ve been reluctant to give them up because if I drop them and then go back after a year or two, I’m worried I’ll get stuck having to give a donation. When I received my ticket option notice this year, I saw nothing with regard to opting out for the year. So I bought my tickets - I didn’t want to lose my ticket rights. The only ”option” I was given was to split my payment in two with the second payment drawn about a month or so after the first. If they play, I’m going - if they give me tickets for any of the games.

Unfortunately I’m not a season ticket holder. If they opt out will they be able to opt in next year to the same seats or will that be the price of opting out?

wow

Wow again
UT will need people to opt out. They are only going to be putting 20,000-25,000 people in the stands. They will want people to opt out to make their job easier. You will not lose your tickets for 2021 by opting out in 2020. If no one opted out UT would have a mess to deal with and a short amount of time to figure it out.

Would love to attend some games this year if they take place and we’re allowed to. Would be very frustrating to opt in and a game or two in they cancel the season. Haven’t really decided yet what we’ll do.

Pack prez: 80% of season ticket holders opted out

80% Packer's season ticket holders opted out of 2020, that's unbelievable. Would 80% of our season ticket holds opt out? What say you? What percentage would opt out?

I had to opt out, so I pushed my tickets to 2021. I just hope for a season. I'm proud they are still playing and I have zero expectations on being allowed to enter the stadium.

Last edited:
@DeerPark12 - I got rumblings of a plan to let season ticket holders in on an "odd/even" basis. If you have odd row tickets you get to attend odd number games. Even, even. Then switch it up next year.

Seems like a solid plan to get us donors in to at least half the home games. Anything you can share?

Reactions: 08Vol
I have tickets I took over from my parents 10-15 years ago; we’ve had these tickets (in Y6) since the north end zone bowl was opened in ’79 or ‘80. I’m grandfathered in under an option that does not require a donation. As such I’ve been reluctant to give them up because if I drop them and then go back after a year or two, I’m worried I’ll get stuck having to give a donation. When I received my ticket option notice this year, I saw nothing with regard to opting out for the year. So I bought my tickets - I didn’t want to lose my ticket rights. The only ”option” I was given was to split my payment in two with the second payment drawn about a month or so after the first. If they play, I’m going - if they give me tickets for any of the games.

I truly hope you stay "grandfathered in". We had the same situation, but in the highly desirable "S" section. In the early 2000s, the university decided to take that no donation grandfather clause and throw it in the trash. We were forced to give them up.

I truly hope you stay "grandfathered in". We had the same situation, but in the highly desirable "S" section. In the early 2000s, the university decided to take that no donation grandfather clause and throw it in the trash. We were forced to give them up.
We had the same problem Our tickets were first bought in 1933 by my father and they took our seats away. We were offered tickets in the end zone and had no choice but take them if we did not pay the annual donation. Since I am in my 80s and live on a fixed income, I had no choice. My seats are good, but no where good as the ones taken away from me in Section S.

I'm a little surprised folks are expecting any fans in attendance. I would think the costs associated with opening for limited number would outweigh any potential additional revenue, not to mention the potential added exposure.

My father had grandfathered tickets in section E. When he died, I was told as long as my mother stayed alive, they would honor no donor fee. When she dies, I can pay the annual donor fee and keep the tickets. She's 92 in assisted living, not in good health and I've not been able to see her for months due to covid.

I'm a little surprised folks are expecting any fans in attendance. I would think the costs associated with opening for limited number would outweigh any potential additional revenue, not to mention the potential added exposure.
It all depends on what limited looks like and what changes you make to staffing the event. Im guessing they are running numbers and happy to be even on that end this year.

I would think the revenue from 25k (assuming around 25% capacity) fans would far outweigh the costs from opening concessions.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
My father had grandfathered tickets in section E. When he died, I was told as long as my mother stayed alive, they would honor no donor fee. When she dies, I can pay the annual donor fee and keep the tickets. She's 92 in assisted living, not in good health and I've not been able to see her for months due to covid.
Not to be morbid but how will UT know she passed? Couldn’t you start planning like changing her address to something you can access or a credit card with both your names when you pay the bill.

Reactions: tricitiesvolsfan
When I renewed my pair of tickets for this coming season...I think it was May? The option to make three installment payments for the ticket price was offered (no interest)---which I took advantage of. Tickets are now fully paid, my TN Fund donation is charged to my credit card in 12 equal installments---and that hasn't halted.

I don't see UT automatically refunding any of the donation and will probably want to 'credit' my account for future games rather than send a refund---but they might offer that option. I wouldn't want to be the person making the final decision on logistics for allocation of seats----TN Fund donors are ranked very carefully on a point system, from 1 to about 11,000. (That's accounts, not number of tickets held) I'm old and have been a donor and season ticket holder for 34 consecutive years, have great seats in Sec. V, row 26 on the aisle. My TN Fund ranking is 1702. For this reason, I'd expect SOME deference is my game choices, assuming there are games and fans can attend; however, I believe younger fans, younger donors with lower rankings (higher ranking number), etc. should also have access to tickets.

UT has often used a sort of lottery system for away game tickets that were in heavy demand. (I recall only 5,000 tickets were available for the Notre Dame game in South Bend---and over 10K requests. I was at The Miracle at South Bend. What a memory!) Everything is in such a state of flux; I wouldn't even venture a guess as to how this will eventually 'play out'.

Not to be morbid but how will UT know she passed? Couldn’t you start planning like changing her address to something you can access or a credit card with both your names when you pay the bill.

They actually look for obituaries. Know someone that happened to in the 90’s

Reactions: GreveHaller
This is the word from the Tennessee Fund.
"We are awaiting an announcement from the state and local government officials to determine the capacity for Neyland Stadium this fall. We anticipate that announcement to come within the next week or two. Once the official announcement is made, we will have a better idea of your options as a season ticket holder.

As for refunds, we are not issuing any refunds at this time. Again, once capacity is determined, we will communicate options to all donors."

The TN Fund actually has a department that checks for season ticket holder obituaries. If you get caught trying to game the system you will lose.

Reactions: JacketVol

VN Store

Back