Season Ticket Holders.. what's your temperature?

ptcarter

Boomshanka! (Google that)
I've had 'em for a long time. I'm considering not renewing. Lot's of reasons. Main 2 are that I can still see games if I want to- Just buy them on the street. I've sold my extra tickets to games like UT-Bama, UT-Florida and others on the street for 10 bucks apiece just to get popcorn money. A decade ago, the anticipation and demand for games like that was great. I haven't had a problem with it, but now, I am not sure it's money well spent. The games haven't been fun to watch in a while. Double digit losses to the teams I hate. Players coming out of the locker room at halftime and loafing. Like they don't want to be there. The atmosphere in the stadium seems different to me - too much piped in loud music. Something seems artificial about the whole thing.

I remember Pruitt's introduction and his speach afterwards. He got me fired up. Paraphrasing: "Neyland used to be a place people feared to play here. I want to return it to that". Yes it did, Jeremy. Now I'm afraid to buy tickets. It's truly battered Vol syndrome, but I'm gonna cringe when whoever is hired gives one of these speeches again. I'm on the fence for renewing. It'd better be someone worthy of my support.

Anybody else seeing it like this? Season ticket holders - give your thoughts.

Former season donor in the upper deck. That probably was a factor but I decided a few years ago I didn't want to waste anymore money. Best of luck deciding. Where are your seats?

Reactions: 08Vol
Former season donor in the upper deck. That probably was a factor but I decided a few years ago I didn't want to waste anymore money. Best of luck deciding. Where are your seats?
Upper deck EE. Not the highest donor level. Would rather been in the lower level, and realize I can - different seats every game, cheaper if I choose to buy on the streets. Hey, another factor - I'm an alumi - class of '79. I've had some moments in Neyland I wouldn't swap anything for. I'm just not seeing those kind of games happening for a while. Maybe save my money during the rebuild and then spend it when they get good. I know that's not "supporting your university", but the culture needs to change. Note- I'll probably renew, cut the number from 4-2, BUT... if I think the intro in "new coach presser" seems like he's blowing smoke, I may sit this season out.

I'm guessing based on your graduation that you are in your early 60's. I would let that weigh as a consideration as well. Who knows how much longer health will allow any of us to be there in person.

I'm guessing based on your graduation that you are in your early 60's. I would let that weigh as a consideration as well. Who knows how much longer health will allow any of us to be there in person.
I still feel about the same as I did 20 years ago, but you are right.. Time eventually takes it's toll. I guess my last good Neyland moment was when Butch beat Florida. That was a good day. Almost passed out from the heat. No breeze and in the 90s in the sun. But worth it. I cringe a little having to give Butch credit for something. That was a good game.

Reactions: MaTaLa
I'll probably still renew but I doubt they will have an opt-out option this year like they did last season, so I'll just put them up on Stub Hub and go from there. I've got a cheap donation that I'm willing to forego.

I opted to roll my money for this year over to next. After the way the season ended, I made the calls and asked to have my money refunded instead. They did. I am not renewing. Too many other ways to spend the money and the time. Maybe it will eventually get turned around.

Reactions: kcvols1
I've had 'em for a long time. I'm considering not renewing. Lot's of reasons. Main 2 are that I can still see games if I want to- Just buy them on the street. I've sold my extra tickets to games like UT-Bama, UT-Florida and others on the street for 10 bucks apiece just to get popcorn money. A decade ago, the anticipation and demand for games like that was great. I haven't had a problem with it, but now, I am not sure it's money well spent. The games haven't been fun to watch in a while. Double digit losses to the teams I hate. Players coming out of the locker room at halftime and loafing. Like they don't want to be there. The atmosphere in the stadium seems different to me - too much piped in loud music. Something seems artificial about the whole thing.

I remember Pruitt's introduction and his speach afterwards. He got me fired up. Paraphrasing: "Neyland used to be a place people feared to play here. I want to return it to that". Yes it did, Jeremy. Now I'm afraid to buy tickets. It's truly battered Vol syndrome, but I'm gonna cringe when whoever is hired gives one of these speeches again. I'm on the fence for renewing. It'd better be someone worthy of my support.

Living out of state, I switched my donations to a particular academic scholarship fund. I can’t make more than a couple games per year, and usually like to make one of those an interesting road trip. Would have loved to see Norman this past season! Looking forward to Provo in 2023.

The thrill is gone. The product on the field and Level 1 violations will do it to you. I have not always liked who we hired but I went anyway, it really is going to be based on who we hire. Another Coordinator or lower tier HC may well push me to the sideline. I do not believe it is my privilege or right to tell the AD who I want him to hire, nor do I feel qualified to make the pick. What I do know is it is really bad over there and it is no longer fun. I am in no mood for a staff with training wheels. I want the NCAA troubles fixed and heads needed to roll, probably more need to go,

We opted to roll our tickets from 20 to 21 season, so I’ll be going this year. After that I will have a big decision to make as I am in the same boat as you. I believe this coaching hire is going to help a lot of people with the decision.
I'm in the same boat. My husband says we WILL NOT renew in 2022, hopefully new coach turns things around pretty quick.

I'm also in EE and debating, as well. The problem we have is that our donation amount is very friendly, based on our location/view. We both know it's a net loss for this year and probably next.

What I struggle with is if we finally get a decent team, then I no longer have seats at this price point. Plus I'm in the lower part of EE. But, ultimately they'll probably reconstruct this side to be similar to the TN terrace and boot us from here, anyway

I think the Franklin bs is a distraction. If (and I do not believe there is any way in hell they go that direction) they were to hire that pos then I’m out. Otherwise, very optimistic and happy with Danny White replacing Fulmer and very excited to see who brings in.

I decided not to renew after the 2017 season. Family was dealing with a potentially significant medical issue and the way the coaching search went down after 2017 showed me the administration wasn't serious about fielding a competitive team. Decided to save/invest the money instead.

If I were a player and you were selling your Bama and Florida tickets for money I would be a loafer too. I have no respect for fans that sold out Neyland to visiting fans. Total disloyalty.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
We let ours go after 2017. Butch’s last season did me in plus we were driving 7 hours to get to K-ville. It was just too much. I’ve had great times in Neyland, too many to name since 1977. We decided to just buy single game tix in the future.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Prior season ticket holder, but haven't been in the last 5+ years. When the AD hire was made it had me back on the Vol site looking to see what was available. I'm honestly ready to click buy again, but will hold off until seeing who they hire as the next head coach.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Gave up my family tix that had been ours since the 60's along with my Terrace seats 2 years into the Dooley debacle. Haven't been back to Neyland since. Until I get a commitment to seeing this program win again, I'm keeping my hard earned money and directing it to golf courses I want to play on my free Saturdays.

Season Ticket holder here. I'm in a wait and see mode. If it's a spectacular hire, then I might renew, but I'm leaning towards being done with the dumpster fire for a few years because I'm tired of tri-year coaching searches and incompetent POTUT (President of the University Of Tennessee).

A couple names might bring me back, but... nobody good wants this damn job.

Reactions: mrredskin

VN Store

Back