Season Predictions

utvol0427

Bring back post junkies!!
We are currently 3-1 heading into the Memphis game. This is where the majority of us expected to be at. What does everyone think we will do the rest of the year?

@ Memphis-W
Memphis lost their DC. They do not have the athletes to compete with us for 4 quarters.

@ UGA-W
Uncertainty at QB will hurt the Dawgs. Offense will not put enough points on the board or keep the D off the field long enough to win.

Alabama-W
Wilson has yet to show that he can be a big time SEC QB. Defense still isn't up to par. Kicking game has many problems.

@ South Carolina-W
Defense is almost there, but offense is still a year away.

LSU-L
Same problems as Tennessee, just more athletic.

@Arkansas-W
Talent around Mustain still not high enough to compete consistently at the upper level of the SEC.

@Vanderbilt-W
Even though Vanderbilt looks better than normal, they don't have Cutler and they are still Vandy.

Kentucky-W
Rich Brooks still doesn't have Kentuckty to the point where they can win in the SEC.

I'm still not totally sold on Mustain. He seems very erratic. One play he makes an amazing pass that you would think only a GREAT QB could make... then he turns around and makes a bonehead pass. Maybe he just needs to grow up.

The rest of the analysis looks spot on. Of course, any of these could wind up a surprise due to a bad game by either side, etc.

I'm still not totally sold on Mustain. He seems very erratic. One play he makes an amazing pass that you would think only a GREAT QB could make... then he turns around and makes a bonehead pass. Maybe he just needs to grow up.

The rest of the analysis looks spot on. Of course, any of these could wind up a surprise due to a bad game by either side, etc.
I think Mustain will come around. He is still a true freshman. He is running the same offense he was running in high school, so I think he just needs to adjust to the speed of the game.

Memphis-should win
Georgia-we might have a shot at winning-W
Alabama-always a tough game-W
South Carolina-after last year surely we will be motivated-W
LSU-L
Arkansas-they may beat us if we are not ready to play-W
Vandy-W
Kentucky-W
SEC Championship (if Florida loses 3???)-vs. Auburn, L

Memphis-should win
Georgia-we might have a shot at winning-W
Alabama-always a tough game-W
South Carolina-after last year surely we will be motivated-W
LSU-L
Arkansas-they may beat us if we are not ready to play-W
Vandy-W
Kentucky-W
SEC Championship (if Florida loses 3???)-vs. Auburn, L
Very big IF

On the other hand, if we could upset LSU and Florida loses 2 and we could upset Auburn in the Championship game?? dream on, right?

Hey Anything Is Possible ! Who Would Have Thought That We We're Going To Go 13 - 0 After Peyton Left ?

Everything came together in 1998. All the variables in college football fell in our favor that year. I think the chances of that happening again are very slim. Look at Auburn a few years ago when they went undefeated and did not win the NC.
I just hope our recruiting improves the next few years or we may become a second rate team in the SEC.

We could very easily win all the games you have a W by and we could lose a few as well. We all have to remember that UGA, UA, Bammer and LSU all have good talent and if any put it all together and we play off a little we could lose. However we should have at least a 9 win season in my book.

Based on what I saw Saturday every team left on the schedule (excluding LSU) has as much to prove as the Vols. Look for GA and Arkansas to run the ball until UT stops them. SC, Vandy, UK and Memphis should all be wins.

Based on what I saw Saturday every team left on the schedule (excluding LSU) has as much to prove as the Vols. Look for GA and Arkansas to run the ball until UT stops them. SC, Vandy, UK and Memphis should all be wins.

I can agree with that. But any and all could play a great game and beat us and vise versa. That is what makes the SEC such a tough place to be.

I don't think UGA is a sure thing. Colorado was fired up and ready to take that game. It looks good for Cox to come in under that kind of pressure and take the win. I do think UT will be ready for that game because we all know it will make or break us. I think if we can stop UGA running game we will be alright but that's a big if. LSU will hand us our hat unless we play to our full potential. I think we get 10 wins if you count the bowl game.

VN Store

Back