Season predictions for thread

I am going to guess we go 22-9
10-3 Non Conference
12-6 in Conference

We will get a 5 seed in the tournament

The Eastern New Mexico game is an exhibition game (doesn't count).

We are also only guaranteed 31 regular season games ,and a conference tournament game. So 21-11 is too many games as is 27-6

Is the general consensus the SEC should be a better league this year? It seems like I have heard that from a few posters. If that is the case and with a lot of younger players I will go with 19-10 for the regular season. This is not a knock on Rick Barnes but I think we found ways to win tight games last year with experienced players we might not win with these new guys.

I'm going to go 20-11 (10-8), around 4th-5th in the SEC and get a 6 or 7 seed. Would be pretty excited about a return to the Sweet 16. I think that's the ceiling for this year's team unless JJJ and Plavsic both turn out to be huge additions (which they may).

Good grief that is a tough schedule. I’m going to trust Barnes and say we find a way to 19-12 and then get to 20 or 21 in the SEC tournament. My initial reaction was 17-14 but Barnes is a good coach and our effort and guard play are hopefully worth a couple more wins. 20+ wins with that schedule will get us in the tournament.

I’m not going to make a record prediction but I’ll predict we make at least the Round of 32.

I will say 22-9.

This is with Plavsic. Without him, I am going 18-13. It's not that I expect him to be all-world. I just think we will have a glaring weakness, without him.

If the NCAA was uniform with it's decisions, I would have no doubt that he would be cleared to play. I still expect him to play, but you never know.

How do we always end the season with such a back loaded schedule?? Those last 5 games are brutal. @AU,, @Ark UF, @UK, AU. It's weird seeing us play at Rupp in March. It seems like it's always early on in the start of SEC play?

Reactions: Dallasbowlin

VN Store

Back