Season In Review: Your Best Player

robvols

Wayne Chism, Bobby Maze, JP Prince, Cameron Tatum, Melvin Goins, Scotty Hopson, Swiperboy?

Who was your best player this season?

Chism and Prince from late Feb through March

Hopson and Chism from Dec through Jan and up until the SEC tournament

Brian Williams shows up next year like he did this tournament and he will be my favorite. He really stepped up as of late.

Brian Williams shows up next year like he did this tournament and he will be my favorite. He really stepped up as of late.

I liked what I saw. He got much better; and he has the attitude to be a leader next season. Still, I'm not sure he has the skill to be

Hopson still needs to spend some time in the gym, especially with his free throw shooting

I liked what I saw. He got much better; and he has the attitude to be a leader next season. Still, I'm not sure he has the skill to be

Hopefully with the freshmen coming in next year they can carry the load (with Hopson, Goins, etc) and he can lead and be consistent on the floor. Don't need him to dominate, just be consistent down low.

right; cause his 14 pts/game up until the SEC tournament clearly did nothing but hurt the team :ermm:

Scotty Hopson 36g 27.5min 12.2ppg 3.4rpg 1.3apg 2.2to's 1/1.7 1.0 0.2 1.5 .445FG% .595FT% .336 3P% 1.15pps

Cameron Tatum 28g 17.1min 7.5ppg 2.2rpg 1.1apg 0.9to's 1.2/1 0.6 0.1 1.7 .481FG% .667FT% .380 3P% 1.36pps

scotty is great against div 1-aa schools and when were up by 10+. he played two good games all year against real competition... KU and Florida. he meant nothing to our team after florida. in fact... if he hadn't decided to suddenly be the hero... we would've gotten the ball inside to chism.

Scotty Hopson 36g 27.5min 12.2ppg 3.4rpg 1.3apg 2.2to's 1/1.7 1.0 0.2 1.5 .445FG% .595FT% .336 3P% 1.15pps

Cameron Tatum 28g 17.1min 7.5ppg 2.2rpg 1.1apg 0.9to's 1.2/1 0.6 0.1 1.7 .481FG% .667FT% .380 3P% 1.36pps

scotty is great against div 1-aa schools and when were up by 10+. he played two good games all year against real competition... KU and Florida. he meant nothing to our team after florida. in fact... if he hadn't decided to suddenly be the hero... we would've gotten the ball inside to chism.

read through the game logs; not just the header:

Scotty Hopson Game Log - Tennessee Volunteers - ESPN

seriously read through it and look at the points he scored each game on the list

he scored 17 points in the win over Kansas and 15 against UK - all of which were important if you look at those final scores
and had a whole bunch of games where he scored between 14-20 points (i believe around 16 ish), 4 over 20

yes though, he went flat after the Miss St game and didnt get it back from March 11th onwards, which is what brought down his points per game average; but if you look at that stretch from january until SEC tournament, he was absolutely huge and crucial to this team and the success it had, especially so shorthanded

yes unfortunately he teetered off in the middle of March, but he is still very much responsible for the team's in season success and getting them both to the tourney and the seeding they got

Chism - career achievement award

Sits behind Lofton and ahead of Groves as my faves to watch (different reasons).

VN Store

Back