Scroggins myspace!!!!

They're recruiting 17-year-olds. It is geared towards a certain audience. Let's keep that in mind before we start taking shots at what one dedicated Vol fan decided to include in the message while we sat on our rears posting on a message board. They are two letters separated by a comma on the lower corner of the rock. Let's get some perspective here, people.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Get off your high horse. It's a rock painting. I appreciate the effort made to welcome recruits, but it looks like a stupid catchphrase more suited to being thrown around by the obnoxiously homeristic Rivals poster subset.

Get off your high horse. It's a rock painting. I appreciate the effort made to welcome recruits, but it looks like a stupid catchphrase more suited to being thrown around by the obnoxiously homeristic Rivals poster subset.

Perhaps you should get off your high horse as well.

Yes, it's just a rock painting. Exactly my point. And if you noticed, there's no 'catchphrase' written on said rock. It's two letters. As an aside, my commenting on your post should not be received as a personal attack. I am offering an opinion, as you did. That's what message boards are for. As for the 'high horse' comment, I'm not the one complaining about the use of letters which might stand for expletives and characterizing it as 'juvenile'.

Yes, it's just a rock painting. Exactly my point. And if you noticed, there's no 'catchphrase' written on said rock. It's two letters. As an aside, my commenting on your post should not be received as a personal attack. I am offering an opinion, as you did. That's what message boards are for. As for the 'high horse' comment, I'm not the one complaining about the use of letters which might stand for expletives and characterizing it as 'juvenile'.

I didn't take your post as a personal attack, and didn't mean my post as one either. The high horse comment was directed at the "taking shots ... while we sat on our rears posting on a message board" sentence, which seemed a bit high and mighty to me. I respect your stance, just don't like "vols, bitch" as a new catchphrase whether or not it's represented as two letters on the rock. I am not going to tell anybody what to paint or run down there to paint over it, though.

I wish someone had some sort of statistics on how often Myspace and Facebook profiles correlate to where a kid actually goes.... I know that isn't possible, but people should remember these are kids. If I just got back from Knoxville and people had painted my name all over a gigantic rock, I'd probably put it on my Myspace too! But a few weeks later I might have a picture of me with Pete Carroll....

I guess I'm saying don't read into a personal page like that, it's just their life and what's current. I hope he does commit but I won't use his Myspace as proof of it impending.

*** Side note: I do remember someone pointing out Jarvis Giles Myspace page after he was committed to UT and visited USC. He had taken down a picture he had up with a few Vol commits on UT campus and changed it out for a picture with Michael Phelps on the South Carolina sideline during a visit at one of their home games...... we all see what happened with that.... :huh:

It says Scroggins = T Championships. It's gotta mean a great deal to him for him to put it up there. It impacted him. It did it's job. It is a good sign when we are hanging on to every little nugget we can. If Scroggins commits elsewhere, the pic will be strange to have put up.
don't forget je'ron stokes myspace page was all orange at this point... and he was wavering even before the coaching change, so we can't blame his decommit all on that.

I missed my opportunity this weekend to block for Scroggins... the rock that is. Was in for father's day and was dying to get a pic of myself in the old school blocking pose in front of the rock but just didn't get a chance. Would'a, could'a, should'a....

will prolly get burned.
but i think tracking these kids on facebook and myspace is lame.
i love getting on here and reading updates on recruits and all

To go on a kids website who is ten years younger than me and blow my load over a pic he has posted is a little much.
Then to highlight it with excessive exclamation points is over the top.
I am sure i will get blasted and told i didnt have to open the thread, but I hope the guy who posted this has no job and or is a kid. If an adult posted this then that is sad

He was told.

I thought everyone knew what it meant. It's been going on for like 3 years now.

Personally, I never cared.
And how do you know he was told?

My guess, though, was that he saw it, and said..."Thanks V and B!"

will prolly get burned.
but i think tracking these kids on facebook and myspace is lame.
i love getting on here and reading updates on recruits and all

To go on a kids website who is ten years younger than me and blow my load over a pic he has posted is a little much.
Then to highlight it with excessive exclamation points is over the top.
I am sure i will get blasted and told i didnt have to open the thread, but I hope the guy who posted this has no job and or is a kid. If an adult posted this then that is sad

wht is so bad abt posting something like that. there is nothing wrong with it at all... I swear some people on here seem like they aint got anything better 2 do than 2 go around on peoples threads and gripe and complain. i am just a die hard tennessee fan that wanted to share what i found with the volnation. i think if u were a true diehard tennessee fan then this wouldn bother u at all. there is no sense in people complainin and making stupid comments about peoples threads. be like the rest of us and enjoy the threads and try not 2 criticize everything you see!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I can't believe someone would actively seek out Myspace of Facebook pages of recruits. Get a freaking life dude.

What "proof" do you need that he's interested in us beyond him saying, "I'm interested in Tennessee", which he has over and over again. Is he just saying that to say it? lol

Jesus.

I can't believe someone would actively seek out Myspace of Facebook pages of recruits. Get a freaking life dude.

What "proof" do you need that he's interested in us beyond him saying, "I'm interested in Tennessee", which he has over and over again. Is he just saying that to say it? lol

Jesus.

this.

boggles my mind, if I was a kid being recruited this would just creep me out.

VN Store

Back