Scrimmage Today (10/11)

For those who haven't heard, Pruitt is holding a scrimmage today for players who aren't getting a lot of PT. I assume that means the backup QBs will all play. Reports are that Dee Beckwith will play.

I'm looking forward to hearing reports from this scrimmage. Will there be any way of hearing about it? Anyone know what time it is?

Reactions: LittleVol
The interesting note I would like to know is who looks better as far in command of the O Shrout or Bailey?

Reactions: PA Vol
According to cjp its a scrimmage held for the younger guys and for those you have yet to see live game action, so think of it as a jv game.
Could mean shrout earns pt. No doubt jg will start, but they may make planned drives where shrout gets all the snaps.

Not like they had a chance with us getting blown out to give shrout real live minutes and snaps. I mean in a pandemic do you really want to give your backups a chance to get live reps?

Last edited:
Reactions: 08Vol
For those who haven't heard, Pruitt is holding a scrimmage today for players who aren't getting a lot of PT. I assume that means the backup QBs will all play. Reports are that Dee Beckwith will play.

I'm looking forward to hearing reports from this scrimmage. Will there be any way of hearing about it? Anyone know what time it is?

I though Dee Beckwith was still injured?

I don't think we've seen much of Wideman and Holiday.

I also don't remember seeing J. Hyatt yesterday in the game.

No this isn't typical and Pruitt addressed it last week stating that this scrimmage is geared toward 2nd-3rd teamers getting closest thing to live reps because they didn't get enough reps in during fall practice.

According to cjp its a scrimmage held for the younger guys and for those you have yet to see live game action, so think of it as a jv game.
Yep, but it still will count against our 20 hours allowed so basically we get less prep time for KY. Anyone know how long it will last? Hopefully 2 hours max

Hopefully Pruitt is opening up the QB position and will allow others to prove or disprove themselves on the field of play. If this makes JG sad or mad, oh well. He isn't getting it done. Will Pruitt be so stubborn to allow JG to put him back on the hot seat talk? Maybe. Maybe he's that dumb and stubborn.

Yep, but it still will count against our 20 hours allowed so basically we get less prep time for KY. Anyone know how long it will last? Hopefully 2 hours max
No im not sure at all how long it'll last, but we do need to get the younger guys uo to speed somehow since they didnt scrimmage in the spring or fall

I though Dee Beckwith was still injured?

I don't think we've seen much of Wideman and Holiday.

I also don't remember seeing J. Hyatt yesterday in the game.

Hyatt played. Got the ball on a reverse and had a couple targets.

I thought I read in the Dee Beckwith thread on the recruiting page that he would play in the scrimmage. Maybe it was somewhere else.

I anticipate the sheer volume of expletives will make write-ups challenging and prevent any airing of scrimmage due to hefty FCC fines.

I expect a LOT of this
830b5970-f2f1-11e9-9f7b-6dd17d668909

and this

pruitt-johnson.gif

and this

200.gif

And more

giphy.gif

We could have done that 2nd half against Missouri, that’s what most coaches do, put in your 2/3rd stringers, it was a blowout.

Missouri was driving to make it a one score game late in the second half before the int. Definitely was not a blow out at any point until after we scored that last td.

VN Store

Back