Scotty Hopson

therickbol

He is holding off on signing early with Mississippi State. There have not been any reports that he is considering any other specific schools. But, you have to wonder if this means he is listening a little more to UK or UT right now. We should find out soon.

Yeah I heard this on catspause as well. But of course - Kentucky fans are 100% positive they will land Hopson.

But it would be interesting for him since we lost out on EW... but all of this is a huge stretch.

I mean obviously we'd need to see something concrete saying that he is definately will wait til spring. But hey, if we could get back into it I'd like to see what happens when we mix it up against a down UK program with a coach who seems too big for his britches and MSU who was obviously his leader.

Local word is that nothing is set with this kid. He was scheduled to sign tonight with MSU at his school's "meet the public" scrimmage, but it is far from certain as to whether that happens. If he does not, he most likely won't do anything during the early signing period (which I believe ends next week,) and I would think his recruitment would be wide open, with UT having as good a chance as anyone.

Local word is that nothing is set with this kid. He was scheduled to sign tonight with MSU at his school's "meet the public" scrimmage, but it is far from certain as to whether that happens. If he does not, he most likely won't do anything during the early signing period (which I believe ends next week,) and I would think his recruitment would be wide open, with UT having as good a chance as anyone.

That'd be interesting, but I'll postpone any hope for the moment.

Work some magic Pearl... please.

We've lost out on a ton of good guards this year... but it will sting even more if he decides to go to UK if he doesn't sign with State.

That would be interesting. Hopson was our #1 priority(over EW) until he committed to MSU. Now, he can't play PG like EW, but it still be huge if somehow he didn't sign and we landed him. Doubtful, but still would be great.

Unlikely that he doesn't sign, unlikely that we get him if he doesn't sign, or both?

Yep. Just saw where he didnt. People on a UK board are saying its between MSU, UK, Gtech and Tenn. MSU fans are saying his mother is a headcase

The mother isn't crazy, and it is probably the right decision to wait. The strange part isn't that he is waiting to decide, it is that he committed so early to MSU. There were a lot of people around here scratching their heads about that since it was announced.

If you want to find the wild-card in all of this turmoil, it isn't the mother involving herself in this huge decision by her 17 year old son, which is her parental priviledge and obligation, even if the timing is strange. The wild-card is the AAU coach, who is extremely close to the family and who encouraged Scotty to sign early in the first place.

Yep. Just saw where he didnt. People on a UK board are saying its between MSU, UK, Gtech and Tenn.

They are guessing, but everybody is at this point. MSU (obviously) and Tennessee were definitely on his short list before he committed. I know he also liked Ohio State and Louisville. Kentucky was off the list because he didn't think that he was a priority for them, but that was during the Tubby administration, so I am sure he will rethink the Cats.

Cotton knows what he is talking about. The person doing the steering early on in his recruitment is his joke of an AAU coach. He tries to send all his high quality players to MSU. I wont go into detail of my personal opinion, but I dont think everything is on the up-and-up in the AAU Coach/MSU relationship. Look at the transfer of the Delk twins, one of which was a starter and one of their best players. They were obviously steered their and it was not their favorite choice. Hopefully Hopson does not make that same mistake.

VN Store

Back