Schools Given Option to Move Up Openers

I don't understand the logic behind moving the season up a week considering the covid thing. (I mean, unless your opponent does). The later open might mean an extra week of moving towards a solution and preparation to handle it.

I don't understand the logic behind moving the season up a week considering the covid thing. (I mean, unless your opponent does). The later open might mean an extra week of moving towards a solution and preparation to handle it.

They are saying it allows more flexibility with the schedule if you do have a Covid issue and need to change weeks

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
https://www.si.com/college/2020/07/29/sec-football-schedule-news-conference-only

Not sure that I'm buying this given that it flies directly in the face of what the ACC just announced and would unnecessarily stifle the SEC's remaining big-time OOC games for both home-and-homes as well as in-state rivalries.
And saying there's an issue with going to 10 games because of the current 6-1-1 format is nonsense. You add the next two rotating teams one which will be home and one away, problem solved.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

VN Store

Back