Scholarships for seniors?

LAVol1

The NCAA has indicated they will allow another year of eligibility for winter and spring sports athletes. But, will they expand scholarship limitations? Baseball has only 11.7 scholarships. Most senior baseball players have little or no scholarships. With the high cost of college, the NCAA should allow full scholarships to baseball players who are affected by the scholarship limitations. Those scholarships should be in addition to the 11.7.

This is not An advantage for us at all btw. We just don’t Many seniors that are contributors

This is not An advantage for us at all btw. We just don’t Many seniors that are contributors

I would bet a good number of them decide to just graduate and more on with their lives.

Correct. Could give guys some more leverage in the draft though. We will see. This was a special team. Good news this program is set up for success in the long term

Leverage is an interesting thing. Imo it almost equals out because age is almost as equally important in the draft. Soulaire might come back now because he had dropped a lot. No way crochet should even think about coming back

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
Leverage is an interesting thing. Imo it almost equals out because age is almost as equally important in the draft. Soulaire might come back now because he had dropped a lot. No way crochet should even think about coming back
I think Soularie and Leath will be the ones to watch. Leath has big league stuff. He should command a lot because he has 1st round stuff imo. He could come back as a junior and prove that next year.

So, if the NCAA is going to allow seniors to have another year of eligibility, which could mean another year of full or partial scholarship. Is the university on the hook. It's always great to hear the NCAA commercials where they brag about all the money they are responsible for in terms of the dollar amount paid to educate student athletes. Really all the do is set the limits on numbers of athletes per sport, funding is strictly up to the university. Maybe the NCAA could really foot the bill for once. I'll bet that happens.

So, if the NCAA is going to allow seniors to have another year of eligibility, which could mean another year of full or partial scholarship. Is the university on the hook. It's always great to hear the NCAA commercials where they brag about all the money they are responsible for in terms of the dollar amount paid to educate student athletes. Really all the do is set the limits on numbers of athletes per sport, funding is strictly up to the university. Maybe the NCAA could really foot the bill for once. I'll bet that happens.

Yes the schools will be on the hook and that won’t matter for SEC schools but some smaller D1s won’t be able to do it

Cancelling the tourney really hurts the smaller schools and conferences. They get a lot of their money from the tourney but the power 5 conferences get most of their money from the separate TV contracts like the SECN along with radio contracts etc..

Cancelling the tourney really hurts the smaller schools and conferences. They get a lot of their money from the tourney but the power 5 conferences get most of their money from the separate TV contracts like the SECN along with radio contracts etc..

Smaller conferences lose money with tourneys

Canceling the season saved a bunch of $ for most schools tenn included

I refuse to watch any games in an empty arena
Smaller conferences lose money with tourneys

Canceling the season saved a bunch of $ for most schools tenn included

let me clarify. Teams that make the men's tourney make about 300,000 for each game they play in for their conference. Women's teams make no where near that amount, if anything, from the NCAA for participating in the tourney.

let me clarify. Teams that make the men's tourney make about 300,000 for each game they play in for their conference. Women's teams make no where near that amount, if anything, from the NCAA for participating in the tourney.

Lol
you are in the baseball forum

VN Store

Back