Scholarship numbers

cthvolsfan

With all the talk of the transfer QB from USC going around, I just wondered how many scholarships are currently accounted for and how many would need to be gitshirted/transfer/etc. for us to get to 85 before fall? It seems that there has been very little attrition (knowing that a lot of that would have probably taken place after spring practice, which didn't happen). I also think we pretty much signed a full class last year with grad transfers and high school signees.

With all the talk of the transfer QB from USC going around, I just wondered how many scholarships are currently accounted for and how many would need to be gitshirted/transfer/etc. for us to get to 85 before fall? It seems that there has been very little attrition (knowing that a lot of that would have probably taken place after spring practice, which didn't happen). I also think we pretty much signed a full class last year with grad transfers and high school signees.
I assumed there was 1 available space, and that was presumably for the undecided RB. I would guess now it is a difficult decision between top RB undecided and a former 5 star QB transfer. Take that information for what it's worth.

I'm pretty sure we're a tad over the 85 limit right now. However, if Daniels were to want to come here, room would be made for him.

I think you could manipulate the numbers a touch, if needed. Either via transfers or take the walk ons who have been put on scholarship lately and *wink wink* take the scholarship away.

Nobody wants to take transfer (except for homerun players). No one knows what will happen this year yet. So I believe players are worried because what happens if we don't play football this year and seniors are given additional eligibility? Does the NCAA provide scholarship room? I have no inside info, but no one does and that's no time to be transferring.

does anyone know how many on scholarship so far? We were way down the last couple of years on numbers.

Seems that at any point in time the answer to the man's question is always the same. Nobody knows. Oh well.

I read somewhere that our total players on scholarship was over 90 and coach was going to use the spring practices to weed some out.

Anyone have an update on where we are headed on this situation? Kinda tied in with the op's topic.

We tried to break down the numbers in January and this is what we came up with.

Let's look at scholarship numbers

Reactions: Vol8188
You don’t. They were going into spring expecting 1 or more to leave
What triggered my question was a write-up on the USC player where they talked about an 18 page proposal presented to the recruit depicting what the development plan would be. Without the benefit of any knowledge of what would fill 18 pages, I was guessing that it made a lot of promises with a "your mileage may vary" at the end. It must be a nerve-wracking decision to make for a player with the next level in mind. But, I know, competition must rule and everyone must understand that coming in.

Reactions: Vol8188

the current count is 92 on scholarship counting all that is to arrive from 2020 signing class. They don't have room for transfers. Chase Hayden would like to transfer but there is currently not room. moves have to be made prior to August..

Last edited:
I assumed there was 1 available space, and that was presumably for the undecided RB. I would guess now it is a difficult decision between top RB undecided and a former 5 star QB transfer. Take that information for what it's worth.

Evans has moved on from Tennessee. He is not coming.. they need to remove 8 players from the roster to make room for Daniels

VN Store

Back