Schedule for 20-21 season?

mike099

Do any insiders know of the non conference schedule for this season? UConn is the only one listed.

Do any insiders know of the non conference schedule for this season? UConn is the only one listed.

Not an insider but are normals are Texas and Stanford who are also on there. But is Stanford allow to leave California? Are they one of those states that is banning out of state travel?

We are planning a trip to Gatlinburg and would love to see a Sunday game. There is probably a preliminary schedule, but who knows when it will be announced.

Just read in the Tennessean that the men’s non conference basketball schedule was released. Hopefully the women’s schedule will follow.

Games that we would be playing are West Virginia in the Big 12 SEC challenge, Stanford at home, UConn at home, Notre Dame at home, don't know if we will be playing Texas as they were our Big 12 SEC matchup last season and don't know if the series is being continued. If so then we'll be on the road in that one. That is the games I know of expect we'll see ETSU at home and would suspect that everyone else will be mid-majors except much higher rated than the ones we played last season.Other than ETSU I doubt if we play any teams over the 200 range.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Games that we would be playing are West Virginia in the Big 12 SEC challenge, Stanford at home, UConn at home, Notre Dame at home, don't know if we will be playing Texas as they were our Big 12 SEC matchup last season and don't know if the series is being continued. If so then we'll be on the road in that one. That is the games I know of expect we'll see ETSU at home and would suspect that everyone else will be mid-majors except much higher rated than the ones we played last season.Other than ETSU I doubt if we play any teams over the 200 range.

Re: WVU, they just had 6 players test positive for COVID-19: Six women’s basketball players, three additional football players test positive for COVID-19 | WBOY.com

I think there is a great chance that this next season could be in conference only and still remains to be seen if there will be any fans allowed at games. I am hoping the next two months we see a lot of progress in conquering this virus situation as otherwise hard to say what the basketball or football seasons will look like.

Schools are cancelling their fall sports right and left. The PAC-12 cancelled all of their OOC games, the Ivy League cancelled all fall sports, Stanford eliminated a lot of "minor" sports, and Ohio State has a bunch of teams in limbo because too many players tested positive for COVID. I think it's a big assumption that there will even be a basketball season given that the number of COVID cases is skyrocketing in the US.

Schools are cancelling their fall sports right and left. The PAC-12 cancelled all of their OOC games, the Ivy League cancelled all fall sports, Stanford eliminated a lot of "minor" sports, and Ohio State has a bunch of teams in limbo because too many players tested positive for COVID. I think it's a big assumption that there will even be a basketball season given that the number of COVID cases is skyrocketing in the US.

The shoe is about to drop. The Big Ten and SEC commissioners are expressing skepticism about the season. Cases are continuing to skyrocket. Once one Power 5 conference pulls the plug, it will be game over for 2020-21.

Last edited:
Reactions: stlvolsfan
madtownvol, I suspect you and I had the same opinions about it way back in March. As soon as I knew that this was an exponential virus and saw how this country was handling — or MIShandling — it, I said then that I would be shocked if there was a basketball season this year. Unless a miracle vaccine soon appears, I am certain there will be no 2020-21 season, and highly doubtful there would be a 2021-22 season. :(

And now we have yet another issue to worry about our incompetent government mishandling: bubonic plague. The hits keep coming!

madtownvol, I suspect you and I had the same opinions about it way back in March. As soon as I knew that this was an exponential virus and saw how this country was handling — or MIShandling — it, I said then that I would be shocked if there was a basketball season this year. Unless a miracle vaccine soon appears, I am certain there will be no 2020-21 season, and highly doubtful there would be a 2021-22 season. :(

And now we have yet another issue to worry about our incompetent government mishandling: bubonic plague. The hits keep coming!

Well, I want to tread lightly here so that this post does not get pulled for "being political." But, let's just say, when you compare the US to other countries, I think it is fair to say that we as a nation could be doing a lot better. Below is a tragic tale but I hope the "it's a hoax; I ain't wearing no make because Freedom!" crowd might learn from it:

A 37-year-old Ohio man died from coronavirus after slamming 'hype' over pandemic on Facebook

Last edited:
So if football and basketball were cancelled, would seniors this year get the option to stay in school and play the next season? The roster limits would also have to be waived.

So if football and basketball were cancelled, would seniors this year get the option to stay in school and play the next season? The roster limits would also have to be waived.

I would anticipate that there would be some kind of accommodation. Given $ involved, however, we could also see a push for some fall sports to be played in Spring-- Football and basketball would be the most likely candidates. Maybe if all fall sports got cancelled, more people would realize that they need to quit screwing around on social distancing etc and we can get this outbreak under reasonable control.

The SEC has postponed Cross country , volleyball, Soccer until end of August !

VN Store

Back