Schedule and winnable games

I remember listening to the semis on the radio and when Tennessee lost thinking the season was over. Only to stumble across Tennessee playing in a third place game a night or two later. At some point the NIT dropped the consolation game.

Devoe lost to Bobby Knight's Indiana and the kicked Louisville's butt the next night.

The NCAA even had consolation games 50 years ago. I think that TN was 0-2 in their first NCAAT.

19 wins (regular season) with a couple wins in the tournament would get Tennessee in.

That would be like 21-13.

Still going to be very hard to gain 8 more wins with this schedule......if the D shows up (game in and out) they can do it.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Home Ole Miss, Vandy, Arkansas, Kentucky, Florida, Texas A&M, Auburn Have to go six and one out of those six home games get us to 17 wins, Road Miss St, Alabama. SC, Ky, Auburn Arkansas don't know how we'll do really need two wins on the road my not happen hopefully grab at least one somewhere to get to 18. If we get to 18 SEC will be where it is decided whether were NCAA bound or NIT. If we get to 18 need two wins to go NCAA. This looks like were in for a very tough time. It all starts with a must win tonight loss to Ole Miss makes this look even worse or even impossible because almost everybody left is better than Ole Miss.

Corrected. I meant isnt awful.
I’m so glad to see someone else who isn’t negative all of the time. Some of these people have zero faith, and do nothing but bash our sports teams all year, then want to celebrate when they surprise. That’s not a true fan. Good to see you in here 👊🏼

I’m so glad to see someone else who isn’t negative all of the time. Some of these people have zero faith, and do nothing but bash our sports teams all year, then want to celebrate when they surprise. That’s not a true fan. Good to see you in here 👊🏼
Venting on a message board has probably reduced the crime rate thru the years.

This year has been a really weird and down year of college basketball. I mean look at the current top 25. San Diego State, Dayton, and Seton Hall are all in the top 10. Colorado and Rutgers are ranked. UNC is 8-9 and on the verge to having their first losing season under Roy Williams. Teams like Michigan and Ohio State started out the year strong and were ranked in the top 5, now have 6 losses.

This was suppose to be a down year for our team, and that was even supposed to be the case when we had our senior leader Turner playing. The fact that Coach Barnes has our boys at 11-6 and still in the running for a NCAA bid is remarkable. Losing Grant, Admiral, and Bone really hurt our team. From a leadership standpoint there was no way to replace them 3. Our best player coming back is a 6th man (Bowden) and has proven that unfortunately he is not a leader. We have seen major improvement from Fulkerson and Pons that looks really promising for next year when we'll need some leaders on our team to go with arguably the best and most talented class we've ever had. If we would have had Vescovi and Uros there is a very real chance we would have beaten FSU and/or Memphis two top 25 teams and had the record of 12-5/13-4 and probably still be ranked.

Next year we have everyone returning minus Bowden. We gain 3 top 50 freshman that will more than likely be playing in the NBA one day. These 3 should be ready to go from day one. All 3 are scorers who can create their own shot and get to the basket (something this team desperately needs!) We are getting a former 4 star guard transfer that should also be able to help immediately. Next year and beyond could be the start of something really special!

We could really use an upset victory vs Kansas this weekend. It would be a big win, a Quad1 win and would give the guys confidence down the stretch vs Ky, Florida and Auburn. We're gonna need a couple of wins vs those 4 if we are going to make the tournament I think.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
We could really use an upset victory vs Kansas this weekend. It would be a big win, a Quad1 win and would give the guys confidence down the stretch vs Ky, Florida and Auburn. We're gonna need a couple of wins vs those 4 if we are going to make the tournament I think.
Hopefully, after that brawl tonight, Kansas will have some players suspended, which would increase UTs chances for an upset

Thought I might revisit this thread and drop this link in here.
RealTimeRPI.com Tennessee Volunteers Men's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Ratings - A leading sports ratings and resources community on the Internet

According to this website our projected RPI is 50. We have 2 quality wins and no bad losses(yet). Also, they project us to finish 18-13(10-8). Hopefully we continue our strong play today. Play well today and then beat A&M at home. We are 13-7(5-2) heading into that February gauntlet. I think 5-6 to have a final record of 18-13(10-8) very feasible. That’s with 2 quality wins and no bad losses, but this game today if we could pull off the miracle it would shift our season big time. That would get us to 19-12(10-8) with no bad losses and 3 very good wins. I’m just holding out hope that these past 2 games are a trend of a different type of playing style going forward. Faster play, dribble drive, and not nearly as many 3 point attempts. Let’s see what our boys can do today and the rest of the season.

VN Store

Back