Scale 1-10 how important is the Vanderbilt game and why?

Beating Vandy is just a requirement at TN. Remember going to a Vandy game in Nashville early 80's. Stadium 3/4 full of Vol fans of course but as the game was winding down in a TN blowout, the Vandy students were chanting at the TN students, of which I was one: "Hey hey thats ok, your going to work for me one day". Never forgot that. Always want to shut up Vandy fans.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Nothing, I repeat nothing, is worse for a UT fan than to lose to Peabody U. Beating Florida, Georgia, Auburn, and Alabama means we are at the top of our game. Losing to Vandy means we are at the bottom of our game. I would call it a 10 in terms of importance to our program. Especially x 100 losing to the left end radicals in Neyland Stadium. So....win, win big, do not take your foot off the accelerator and definitely run up the score.

Coach Cafego would approve this message! Beat the CommodeDoors

It's not going to be popular, but FOR ME, Vanderbilt is Tennessee's biggest rival.

The fact that we have only won 5 out of the last 9 meetings between us, you bet your ass it's an important game! Its high time we put a boot in that program's ass once and for all and prove to everyone what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey $hit they are!!!! Hallelujah! Holy $hit!!

Where's the Tylenol?

It’s very important that we constantly beat teams that are traditional SEC bottom feeders. That’ll put us as a mid tier team.

That’s the step CJH is on in this rebuild so I put it at a 10.

Next season we need to add to it and beat some more guys from the middle of the pack. (LSU and UF specifically)

If we were to lose Saturday (we won't), we'd be 4-6 against our in-state rival (the historical laughingstock of the SEC) over the past decade. We need a win just to keep the past decade a tie. I call that a 10.

Every game is a 10. How bad would a Vandy loss be. Never get that taste out of your mouth.

10. This is a must win, if we lose the season will be a failure and any good will CJH has built up would be gone and I’d have serious doubts about the future of the program with CJH leading it.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
It’s weird. If we win, probably a 1-2. Oh well. If we lose, a 10. We never lose to Vandy, even though recent history suggests otherwise. Same reason a top 20 win over Kentucky wasn’t viewed as a true quality win. Winning minimizes importance for the lower tier SEC teams, and losing puts a magnifying glass on importance.

Losing the Vandy game this year would basically render all other positives from the season meaningless. There is no reason to lose to a really bad Commodores team. I’d say it’s a 10 just because of what it suggests for the program’s momentum and overall progress.

VN Store

Back