'20 SC WR Jalin Hyatt (UT SIGNEE)

Cause I like the way it looks to see a top ranking for our class 🤷‍♂️
Come to the dark side..I don't giva-eff about service rankings anymore...

You know what I can't wait for...JP to win a title with a bunch of 3-low 4*s that go on to make big money in the league...just to show how stupid and corrupt these scumbags are.

Does anyone take these star ratings and compare them to the player’s performance after their junior year? When you see how these ratings are manipulated with bias I have to wonder how significant or relevant they are post college. As someone said earlier that the NFL is full of 3 stars.

Come to the dark side..I don't giva-eff about service rankings anymore...

You know what I can't wait for...JP to win a title with a bunch of 3-low 4*s that go on to make big money in the league...just to show how stupid and corrupt these scumbags are.
History has shown that rankings matter. I don't put too much stock into what they think about an individual player. For example, I don't care that the analysts view Kaho as a low ranked player. I trust Pruitt more than mike Farrell. But overall, when we look at championship teams, they always recruit top ten classes, without fail. So if history means anything, we need to be recruiting top 10 classes if we want to win titles. But I think we are building towards that.

History has shown that rankings matter. I don't put too much stock into what they think about an individual player. For example, I don't care that the analysts view Kaho as a low ranked player. I trust Pruitt more than mike Farrell. But overall, when we look at championship teams, they always recruit top ten classes, without fail. So if history means anything, we need to be recruiting top 10 classes if we want to win titles. But I think we are building towards that.
History also says that the recruiting services chase down top program recruits and even bump them up over 100 spots or more at a time. So yeah, it's not like they put a ton of work into it... 'Hey guys did you see Saban offered that kid we have ranked as a 3*. 'We better hurry up and bump him to a high 4*, that way no one will notice when we bump up two spots to a 5* in a year'....

Recruiting service science....

History also says that the recruiting services chase down top program recruits and even bump them up over 100 spots or more at a time. So yeah, it's not like they put a ton of work into it... 'Hey guys did you see Saban offered that kid we have ranked as a 3*. 'We better hurry up and bump him to a high 4*, that way no one will notice when we bump up two spots to a 5* in a year'....

That's true as well. Dude even admitted that about Grimes. "We don't want to look dumb if he blossoms so.... four star even though he isn't good at foosball!"

Reactions: butchna
Blah blah blah...don't even care..

Yeah the stars = wins argument has a real chicken and egg problem. With that being said this staff continues to find guys who end up as 4 stars so I'm not worried. The services will catch up with Pruitt's evals when we start winning. That's exactly what happened to Clemson's classes.

That's true as well. Dude even admitted that about Grimes. "We don't want to look dumb if he blossoms so.... four star even though he isn't good at foosball!"

The only real issue I have is momentum. Kids do play to hype rather we do or not.
There's a subtle influence of "that class is building and I want in". It's not like Pruitt doesn't like and want some of the "rated" guys also. And in reality, these stupid rankings give some classes a little more shine. Not necessarily the only or most important factor, but just one more battle in the established system.

Some of us may like seeing the UT class ranked higher, but a few players getting .001 or so to get another star won't have much effect on that.

Any decent evaluator can point out recruits that are currently bigger, stronger, faster, and better performing than the others. If you are able to build your class exclusively from those, you are wise to do so. It's much harder to evaluate what a player can become with coaching and development, but if you are able to do that, you can still build as good a team. Can Pruitt do that? We'll see.

Rankings matter bc they adjust ranking to favor the programs that traditionally win.

Rankings matter bc they adjust ranking to favor the programs that traditionally win.

Been preaching this for years. Yes the services can identify the absolute obvious, we all can. After that, they let the proven winners (coaches) identify them and fall right in line.

Of course they have the highest ranked classes, it's a self fulfilling prophecy.

I wish they would drop all UT commits after committing to a 2* so Auburn, Texas A&M etc. Would leave our recruits alone... 😂

Anyone who puts stock into the star ratings, and the guys who give them out, need to look no further than this kid. He should have been a HIGH 4* long ago...one of the best WR...IN THE COUNTRY. He's been putting up monster #'s his entire HS career, at one of the top programs in SC; and he makes it look easy. Anyone who thinks there are 40+ WR that are better than him deserve the Mike Farrell's of the world in their life. I truly believe this kid is going to show out when he gets to Knoxville.

I've always said, these are the same guys, Rivals, 247, it doesn't matter...that had Trey Smith as a 4*, or not the best player in the country...whenever you allow ESPN to outdo you, maybe you should reevaluate your profession.

And should I even mention Harrison Bailey's rating? If that kid is not a 5*...is everyone paying attention(???)...NO ONE IS.

So...if anyone continues to obsess over stars and recruiting rankings, by a bunch of dipsh*ts, by all means. My only challenge...convince me Jalin Hyatt shouldn't have been higher LONG AGO, and even now...Trey Smith is a 4*...Harrison Bailey shouldn't be rated in the TOP 10. Go...

Rant over.

Btw...I could have gone on and on and on and on, when it comes to HS prospects, and where these yahoos have/had them rated.

Go motherfcuking Vols.

Sponsored by Johnnie Walker.

Anyone who puts stock into the star ratings, and the guys who give them out, need to look no further than this kid. He should have been a HIGH 4* long ago...one of the best WR...IN THE COUNTRY. He's been putting up monster #'s his entire HS career, at one of the top programs in SC; and he makes it look easy. Anyone who thinks there are 40+ WR that are better than him deserve the Mike Farrell's of the world in their life. I truly believe this kid is going to show out when he gets to Knoxville.

I've always said, these are the same guys, Rivals, 247, it doesn't matter...that had Trey Smith as a 4*, or not the best player in the country...whenever you allow ESPN to outdo you, maybe you should reevaluate your profession.

And should I even mention Harrison Bailey's rating? If that kid is not a 5*...is everyone paying attention(???)...NO ONE IS.

So...if anyone continues to obsess over stars and recruiting rankings, by a bunch of dipsh*ts, by all means. My only challenge...convince me Jalin Hyatt shouldn't have been higher LONG AGO, and even now...Trey Smith is a 4*...Harrison Bailey shouldn't be rated in the TOP 10. Go...

Rant over.

Btw...I could have gone on and on and on and on, when it comes to HS prospects, and where these yahoos have/had them rated.

Go motherfcuking Vols.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Rant over.

Go motherfcuking Vols.

Reactions: ACvol3

VN Store

Back