'21 SC DT Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins (uga commit)

Three-star DE Tyrion Ingram-Dawkins (6-6 300) of Gaffney, ranked the #2 prospect in South Carolina for 2021 in the 247Sports Composite, has made his college decision. He has set 3:00 PM Sunday afternoon for the release of the information on social media, probably working with 247Sports for a video and/or live announcement. And he has informed the winning school of his decision.

Late Monday night Ingram-Dawkins posted that his final six schools were USC, North Carolina, Tennessee, Florida State, Penn State and Georgia. The one that he picked was the one where Ingram-Dawkins felt the highest comfort level.

“It’s a great place,” Ingram-Dawkins said. “That’s really all I can say. It’s a great place. It’s a great place and there’s great football played there. They were just fired up,” when he gave them the news.

Ingram-Dawkins took unofficial visits to USC, Virginia Tech, Tennessee and Georgia. The Gamecocks have made him a top priority and in late April Ingram-Dawkins noted how strong their recruiting of him had been.

“I talk to (Will) Muschamp every day, I talk to Coach T-Rob (Travaris Robinson) maybe every two days, and I talk to Coach (Tracy) Rocker every day,” Ingram-Dawkins said. “I already have a tight relationship with the coaching staff obviously. We talk about the impact I can have on the team, and it’s my home state, South Carolina.”

Last season Dawkins totaled 70 tackles with 17 tackles for loss and 8 sacks.

Gaffney/s Ingram-Dawkins set with his college decision

Reactions: SLICKYINC
Who did Kipp and rusty leak the info on. What school did he supposedly pick

This was posted early Tuesday morning before he made the decision public that he had decided to delay his announcement.
giphy.gif

So, he has made a decision and even informed the staff of his chosen school... but he isn't announcing it until June 26th (his birthday)? Seems like it would probably leak, but who knows?

So, he has made a decision and even informed the staff of his chosen school... but he isn't announcing it until June 26th (his birthday)? Seems like it would probably leak, but who knows?

June 26 is a big delay. Maybe TN withdrew the offer? It would make some sense - only a few spots left, and still chasing some 5* players....

Makes no sense at all if you ask me. 4 *, 5*? Makes.no difference to me. This man is the real deal. I don't gaf what the sights rate him. You don't tell him to hold on...we're waiting to see if someone better co.es along.

Reactions: MrVolton
Well, it did leak which is what prompted him to listen to someone and put off any announcement.

Build some drama and give others another opportunity to recruit him.

I haven't seen/read anything that says putting the announcement off was about anything negative toward Tennessee.

Those that were confident we were there pick before apparently remain confident we're the pick.

So we'll see...

VN Store

Back