'20 SC ATH Antonio Barber

Boooooooooom!!!!!

Geaux Vols 👀

conan-obrien-renewed-2018.gif

Story and Barber are going to be great together. If we can reel in Meredith, Jenkins, Baron, etc, 2020 could really be special.

Reactions: 1 person
“As long as they have the same coaching staff,” Barber said. “If there are no scandals and nothing going on. If it’s the same thing as it is now, then I’m locked in. One hundred percent.”

Barber joins quarterback Kristian Story as the other Class of 2020 commit, and both could be dynamic for the Vols. Both are committed with the mindset of bringing Tennessee back to dominance.

“We can be the change for the Pruitt era,” Barber said. “We’ll be that group to turn it around.”

“We need to get a group together and bring in a culture of our own,” Barber said. “Just coming in with the mindset of SEC championship, then a national championship. That’s all we want.”

—SEC Country

Reactions: 5 people
No stories yet from VQ or 247. Callahan said they're trying to confirm staff has accepted his commitment.

“It was just a connection I had with the staff, even before I had the offer. It was a long thought out process with my high school coach, my family. I knew this was where I wanted to be, it was just about when I got the offer,” Barber told VolQuest, adding that Tennessee waited to hand out an offer until his academics were in order. “Once I got that together I already knew that I wanted to make my decision soon. I woke up this morning and today was the day. I want to be a part of the Vol Nation.”

Barber, whose offers include Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Colorado and Texas Tech, had a previous relationship with both Jeremy Pruitt and Brian Niedermeyer at Alabama, and he said Tennessee’s new staff made him feel like a priority since arriving in Knoxville.

“Once they changed schools and went to Tennessee, I followed them there and they’re still the same guys. They never changed,” Barber said. “When I talked to the coaches (on my visit) they was talking about how they had just one commitment and they would love for me to be the second one and be a part of the family. That was before I even had an offer. That made me feel like I was home.”

Barber grew up actually cheering for Tennessee, rooting on his cousin Jonathan Hefney, who played defensive back for the Vols in the mid-2000s. When Barber finally got the chance to walk into Neyland Stadium for the first time in February, he was in awe. “I used to watch them on TV when I was younger. Seeing the stadium, that really made me love Tennessee more though,” he said. “Really, every college I’ve been to, their stadium is massive. It’s bigger than any I’ve seen.”

Now committed, Barber has already turned his sights on getting other Carolina natives to join him at Tennessee. He’s close with top 2019 cornerback target Tyus Fields, and said he’s also recruiting guys like 2021 corner Mario Love, who picked up a UT offer on Tuesday and 2019 wideouts Jacoby Pinckney and Quindarious Jefferson.

“They told me I need to recruit and bring some more guys with me. I got a few guys who I know are going to commit soon, but I can’t give it up though. Big news,” Barber said. “We want to be that change in the program. We want to be the Pruitt Era and be that team that the Vol Nation will remember.”

-VQ

Boom

Reactions: 9 people
love the attitude. knows what he's in for and why he's coming. i'm good with that.

VN Store

Back