SB nation - Northwestern tearing into us....

Has everyone seen this, I came across it on the interweb today; really tore into us and the SEC (EAST) poking a bear....cant wait to see how many purple fans show up to the game....

Here's what I learned about Tennessee from its fans on Twitter - Inside NU

Let's see Jeff Sagrin does the most respected ratings in all of sports. He's a MIT graduate, and been doing it for over 30 years. He rates UT # 17 and NWU # 32.

I'm not sure UT wins because bowl games are so difficult to predict, but it obviously that an 8-4 Tennessee is a better team than a 10-2 Northwestern team.

The deciding factor in this game will be speed. UT has plenty of it, does NWU have the talent to run with the Vols?
We know that Iowa didn't last season and it's my guess that NWU won't either.

NCAAF Sagarin - NCAAF Football - USA TODAY

Reactions: 1 person
Hate to break it to you, but what is considered "fast" in other conferences is considered mediocre in the SEC. Good luck trying to catch the likes of Hurd, Kamara, and Dobbs.

Generally everyone has fast guys in the secondary, at WR, and at running back. The big difference in the SEC has been speed in the defensive front 7. That is why big 1G teams have such a hard time matching up.

Gotta be honest.... NU fans are kind of boring. I mean Utah State fans were fun. They came in proudly touting their players and success. It was misguided but at least they had some heart. Iowa fans talked a little junk.

Reactions: 1 person
Let's see Jeff Sagrin does the most respected ratings in all of sports. He's a MIT graduate, and been doing it for over 30 years. He rates UT # 17 and NWU # 32.

I'm not sure UT wins because bowl games are so difficult to predict, but it obviously that an 8-4 Tennessee is a better team than a 10-2 Northwestern team.

The deciding factor in this game will be speed. UT has plenty of it, does NWU have the talent to run with the Vols?
We know that Iowa didn't last season and it's my guess that NWU won't either.

NCAAF Sagarin - NCAAF Football - USA TODAY

You may be right but IMO the deciding factor vs Iowa was that UT had the speed AND was more physical than the Big 10 team they faced. Now UT faces NU who isn't considered physical in the Big 10.

Football is a weird game sometimes and UT could certainly lay an egg. BUT based on talent, matchups, speed, physicality... UT has a huge edge.

Reactions: 3 people
Nnothing Western! Butch said knock you out huh! Hurds gonna knock you out huh! It's like a guy after his 12th beer swearing he is the baddest sob around, and then boom ! Right in the face! It's over nortwesty! You just have not laid down yet!

Nnothing Western! Butch said knock you out huh! Hurds gonna knock you out huh! It's like a guy after his 12th beer swearing he is the baddest sob around, and then boom ! Right in the face! It's over nortwesty! You just have not laid down yet!

Interesting....

Gotta love the hidden signature. Artistry.

You may be right but IMO the deciding factor vs Iowa was that UT had the speed AND was more physical than the Big 10 team they faced. Now UT faces NU who isn't considered physical in the Big 10.

Football is a weird game sometimes and UT could certainly lay an egg. BUT based on talent, matchups, speed, physicality... UT has a huge edge.

Agreed!!

I remember reading this thread a while back and wanted to give it a bump. Feel free to tweet at the author of the article to remind him that he should think before he posts, especially when it contains disparaging remarks about our Vols and Volnation. With that being said, remember who and what we represent and please be respectful!

Wonder what he learned about Tennessee from watching the actual football game. Try talking about our program being irrelevant over the past 10 years, but when has Northwestern ever been relevant? Sometimes you have to learn the hard way...wonder if his opinion of Rocky Top changed after hearing it so many times??

VN Store

Back