Saturday's Vol Legend - Casey Clausen

Best road QB I've personally ever seen...He beat some big time programs at their house.....Miami, Alabama, Notre Dame, Florida TWICE at the Swamp and so many others..Never understood why some fans never embraced him much...I thought he was great.

Reactions: 1 person
He has coached two NC defenses. :question:

And blown countless others with a failure to stop any gator on third down. Same for big losses to Georgia. Lsu converted a few big ones on them as well.

He deserves every ounce of praise AND ridicule for his time at UT.

Give me the Ice Man in any BIG game, I'll give you Manning, and we'll kick your ass 8 outta 10 times. The end.

Bottom line is if casey had gotten us an sec title in my book he would have been a better QB than peyton. Clausen won more big games than peyton ever did.

I hated The Clausens, both of them. West coast pretty boys that think somebody owed them something. Neither one of them could play in bad weather.
I can't remember how many fumbles Casey had against Florida in Neyland During the downpour game I think it was 7-8. Then the fumble on the goal line against Georgia before halftime still haunts me.

I guess you hate Troy Fleming too?

My mom was roommates and good frienfs with his mom in college. He's a big reason I started following the vols.

I was guilty of not giving Clausen the appreciation he deserved when he was here. Glad they're making him the legend for this game. VFL!

May not have been the most talented Vol quarterback or have the prettiest pass, but the dude had guts and simply knew how to win. I remember 2001 in the swamp and the 4th and 19 to CJ Fayton in Tuscaloosa in 2003 like they were yesterday.

That 4th and 19 is probably my top Tennessee play of all time! Clausen was legit, both of them were. Casey was cold blooded though!

Funny story, I was roommates w him his senior yr of high school at some football camps. We went to CU and at night when the team held passing session "athlete led" of course, we joined in and Casey threw passed to Rae Carruth while I tried to cover him!

I hated The Clausens, both of them. West coast pretty boys that think somebody owed them something. Neither one of them could play in bad weather.
I can't remember how many fumbles Casey had against Florida in Neyland During the downpour game I think it was 7-8. Then the fumble on the goal line against Georgia before halftime still haunts me.

Lulz...nice try troll. 17 posts in 6 years. Take your ass whipping Sat like a man.

I guess you hate Troy Fleming too?

I was about to say, that was 100% on Troy Fleming. I was on the 8th row when that happened and in my opinion that was the begining of the long long slide for tn football.

You think Casey was a pretty boy? The dude was tougher than ****.

As good as Casey Clausen was on the road he was equally as bad in the rain. I still have nightmares of the 2002 Florida game when we fumbled at least 4 center exchanges in the first half and lost 30-13 to an average Gator team coached by Ron Zook. Still Casey went 2-1 against the Gators overall with both wins in the swamp.

florida was winging it all over the field in the rain and Fulmer, being Fulmer, was ultra-conservative and we ran the fullback about 20 times because he was afraid of fumbling? Another dreadful florida performance.

VN Store

Back