Saturdays in the South

Vol737

It’s My Toxic Masculinity That You Like!
SIAP or if I’m just late to the party, but I’m watching ESPN “Saturdays in the South”, a history of college football in the south. First, it’s very well done. Outstanding in fact. I don’t think I really realized what a power Sewanee was early on. They once played five games in six days, unscored upon by Texas, Texas A&M, Tulane and LSU. Beat Auburn in the last game of that trek who was the southern football power at that time. If you didn’t get to see it, watch it when it replays. An absolute excellent account of southern football history including players, coaches and of course colleges that were once powerhouses.

I hope that all of our 'fans' who keep regurgitating the BS that we are a historically mediocre program who just had a bright shining moment in the 1990s will watch Episode 2, which airs tonight.
It is good! Watching right now.

SIAP or if I’m just late to the party, but I’m watching ESPN “Saturdays in the South”, a history of college football in the south. First, it’s very well done. Outstanding in fact. I don’t think I really realized what a power Sewanee was early on. They once played five games in six days, unscored upon by Texas, Texas A&M, Tulane and LSU. Beat Auburn in the last game of that trek who was the southern football power at that time. If you didn’t get to see it, watch it when it replays. An absolute excellent account of southern football history including players, coaches and of course colleges that were once powerhouses.

Any one who lays claim to southern football should know about University of the South and Tulane back in the day. There were quite a few powers back then that are relatively obscure these days.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Watched the first episode a couple of nights ago. It’s very well done and I look forward to the others. Loved the UGA story about BBQ’ing the goat.
So UGA barbecued a kid? You have to be kidding. Between that and Deliverance they must be some real barbarians down there.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Late to the show, but thanks for posting. Just went to my DVR-type feature on YouTube TV and will record all episodes as the air the second time, then catch up.

VN Store

Back