Satisfaction

Feels weird to say this after hating Bama so long above all others but UGA has taken over my #1 hated team, moving Bama to 1b on the list.

Either of them would be fine.

Yep, but it is close.

Obviously you can’t go 1-11 but it won’t be a successful season if we don’t kick Vandys $&@! I sick and tired of getting beat by Candy!! MO, KY, and SC aren’t far behind

Reactions: chuckb1448
Feels weird to say this after hating Bama so long above all others but UGA has taken over my #1 hated team, moving Bama to 1b on the list.

Either of them would be fine.
Living here for 20 years now, I completely understand.

Reactions: Bigun
Whichever one wrecks their season more , if it’s Bama I want to win that one , if it’s Georgia I want to make them sit home . Florida is early so win or loss won’t really affect them .

Can't settle on one. I want at least 7 regular season wins, and a bowl win.

I probably hate UF slightly more but the best rivalry in sports is The Third Saturday in October. We are due agaisnt Bama. Time to rattle off 5 in a row and 9 of the next 13. Pruitt will own the gators.

I approve and correct me if I am wrong, ole fart here but 1969 and 41-14 favor of big orange is the last we wore orange on bama soil
Before my time.

Good friend of mine has an uncle on the played on the team during that era.

Can't believe the Bama game has fallen off the radar that much. That game used to mean so much to people...now a day's the young people don't understand it. Hopefully Pruitt turns it around.

Reactions: feathersax
Youth showing.

Well there are other reasons outside of the rivalry angle.

1. The streak

2. What win would get more national headlines and signal where the program is headed better than a win over Bama? And it would be in their house.

Well there are other reasons outside of the rivalry angle.

1. The streak

2. What win would get more national headlines and signal where the program is headed better than a win over Bama? And it would be in their house.
Solid points.

But it's still Bama and it would take a lot to make that change.

Can't believe the Bama game has fallen off the radar that much. That game used to mean so much to people...now a day's the young people don't understand it. Hopefully Pruitt turns it around.

It’s fallen off the radar because we haven’t had any kind of chance whatsoever against Bama for the past 12 years. At least with Florida and Georgia there is a very small chance of winning and we have gotten wins against both as recent as 2016. Bama is kind of like a bye week. We know we’ll get killed so it’s not even worth getting excited about.

It’s Florida because they have had some pretty crappy teams over the last 8 years or so yet we still find a way to self destruct and play our worst game against them. The two Hail Mary losses are a bitter pill to swallow. Deep down we know we should be able to play with them if we get rid of this psychological baggage. We are due.

Realistically...we must beat Vandy and go 6-6.
Now, dreaming, I’d love to beat one of our big 3 rivals. But just don’t think our roster is quite there yet.

With Vandy and UK, it is simply expected. So, not them.

One of UF, UGA, or Bama, and I can't complain too much. Two of these, and I'll take it. Satisfied? Not quite, but oh well.

All dreaming aside, we won't really know our chances until they Tee it up, and we see what we've got.

Sports_Illustrated_42948_19671030-001-775.jpg
I was at that game with my dad. 11 years old. It was awesome. I yelled myself hoarse.

I just want them to beat Bama or Florida or both in such a way that no sports announcer, journalist or opposing fan can say we got lucky. Just go out there and tear somebody's, ANYBODY'S, head off and spit in it. Please.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back