Sarah Bates to transfer

mcannon1

Kansas State women's basketball player Sarah Bates to transfer

"Bates was an efficient scorer as a freshman at UC Santa Barbara. She averaged 10.9 points per contest over 29 games, which ranked 14th in the Big West Conference. She shot 61-of-148 from beyond the 3-point arc (41.2%); her total 3-point makes were a team high and fourth most in the conference, while her percentage ranked eighth nationally among freshmen that season."

Speaking of Georgia Tech, is anyone else as anxious as I am to see how they fare under Fortner? I’ve always liked Nell (and of course, Tasha Butts!), and she was close with Pat, so I’m pulling for her.

Historically, Atlantans haven’t been great supporters of women’s college basketball. They’ve supported their WNBA team fairly well, but their college teams too often play in front of hundreds, instead of thousands, of fans. I would love it if Nell could have enough success to spark some excitement for WCBB in Atlanta.

And no, I don’t worry that Ga.Tech becoming successful would hurt Tennessee Lady Vols in any way. I think Kellie has already found success as the Lady Vols coach (as far as being an engaging speaker who excites the fanbase), and will only build on that success with wins and championships in the next few years, so the way I see it, it helps EVERYbody for WCBB to get new fans.

VN Store

Back