Sankey will fix the game for bama with refs

If a ref decides to put Knecht, Aidoo or ZZ on the bench with fouls, how do you prepare for that? Not saying it's going to happen, but...well...I certainly expect it.
barnes will take off his shirt go to each ref hit them with an rko and flip off the bama fans on his way out

Constant whining about sports officiating "refs hate us and cheat us on purpose) is not only old but ridiculous. Time to grow up.
I agree, but the South Carolina game that 3 fouls were called in 3 seconds by Pat Adams was a msg to Barnes. It was at the 17:21 mark of the 2nd half. After a fairly clean first half. No excuse for the loss because we missed more than half of our layups. I think at one point that it was 8 - 16 so I don't blame the Refs for the game but I questioned the calls.

Critical call in the Auburn game was the ball past out of bounds and ZZ never touched it. Pretty Bad but I am sure we got some calls as well but the obvious ones you have to call correctly.

Reactions: BigBabyWilliams
Constant whining about sports officiating "refs hate us and cheat us on purpose) is not only old but ridiculous. Time to grow up.
You’ve interpreted the wrong message. The refs don’t hate us. They just aren’t good. It’s been like that for years, and the people in power don’t care. But I guess some just want to ignore the Anthony Jordan situation, or the situation we’ve had in football. It’s incompetence.

You’ve interpreted the wrong message. The refs don’t hate us. They just aren’t good. It’s been like that for years, and the people in power don’t care. But I guess some just want to ignore the Anthony Jordan situation, or the situation we’ve had in football. It’s incompetence.
Not incompetence, the crooked refs just call the game to influence the desired outcome. Evil depends on good turning the other cheek and not standing up to fight. Like elections

The games are impossible to call. I don't know why anyone would want that job. They have made it much harder by allowing walking, palming and all the pushing, shoving and basically wrestling for position inside. Contact is contact, there is so much contact I don't see how they extract a foul from it. I could call a foul every 30 seconds.

Reactions: OrangeInKy
I agree, but the South Carolina game that 3 fouls were called in 3 seconds by Pat Adams was a msg to Barnes. It was at the 17:21 mark of the 2nd half. After a fairly clean first half. No excuse for the loss because we missed more than half of our layups. I think at one point that it was 8 - 16 so I don't blame the Refs for the game but I questioned the calls.

Critical call in the Auburn game was the ball past out of bounds and ZZ never touched it. Pretty Bad but I am sure we got some calls as well but the obvious ones you have to call correctly.
Yeah, what you’re talking about is different than thinking the referees are bought off, etc. sometimes they miss calls, sometimes (like with Adams), I think their egos affect their calls when they get in their feelings. I think one can criticize calls and not blame the loss on referees or accuse them of being in the tank for the opponent. You are being rational and also conceding that some calls maybe went our way when they shouldn’t have. I don’t think that’s a problem.

The games are impossible to call. I don't know why anyone would want that job. They have made it much harder by allowing walking, palming and all the pushing, shoving and basically wrestling for position inside. Contact is contact, there is so much contact I don't see how they extract a foul from it. I could call a foul every 30 seconds.
This is correct. I was talking to a referee who played college ball and now is an official for local high schools and small colleges, and he was explaining how they are trained. He was telling me how he thought he knew everything about basketball after playing through college (he broke some high school records), but that going through the officiating process taught him to see the game differently. He talked about flow of the game, establishing how the game would be played, etc. it kind of opened my eyes to what we see isn’t always what they see, and that sometimes they’ve decided to let some contact go, etc, but the struggle is being consistent with it and making sure it’s understood by both teams and coaches, and called the same for them. Anyway, it was interesting when he talked about how the training. Process taught him the game in a way that playing never did.

VN Store

Back