Sankey responds to transfers

Play him anyways. What are they gonna do? Ban us from the SECCG we probably won't be in anyways? Whatever lol

Reactions: Squoshua17
If I were Mays, I would explore suing Sankey and the SEC for no other reason than to try to get, via discovery, any emails, texts, and testimony under oath that exposes those who have put pressure on Sankey to reject the waivers, if that is legally possible. Use any information gleaned to negatively recruit against those schools who have impeded. Won't have any impact on Mays' eligibility this year, but could help our school in recruiting. Don't know that Isaacs does pro bono work though. Anyway, that's my pipe dream.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Current SEC Transfer Rules

14.5.5 Four-Year College Transfers. See NCAA Bylaw 14.5.5.

14.5.5.1 Transferring within the Southeastern Conference. A transfer student from a member institution shall not be eligible for intercollegiate competition at another member institution until the student has fulfilled a residence requirement of one full academic year (two full semesters) at the certifying institution. Further, a transfer student-athlete admitted after the 12th class day may not utilize that semester for the purpose of establishing residency. Student-athletes meeting the terms of NCAA Bylaws 14.5.5.2.1, 14.5.5.2.2, 14.5.5.2.3, 14.5.5.2.4, 14.5.5.2.5, 14.5.5.2.6, 14.5.5.2.7, 14.5.5.2.8 and 14.5.5.2.9 may seek a waiver of the provisions of this bylaw. [Revised: 6/2/00; effective 8/1/2001; Revised: 6/1/08]

14.5.5.1.1 Exception – Graduate Transfer. A transfer student who has been admitted to and is enrolled in a graduate or professional school at a member institution other than the member institution from which he or she previously received a baccalaureate degree, may be eligible for intercollegiate competition provided the student is immediately eligible for competition under all other Conference and NCAA rules and all applicable waivers are complete. [Adopted: 6/1/18]

14.5.5.1.2 Exception – Postseason Competition Prohibition. A transfer student from a member institution that is prohibited by the NCAA or the SEC from participating in postseason competition may be eligible for intercollegiate competition provided the student is immediately eligible for competition under all other Conference and NCAA rules and all applicable waivers are complete. [Adopted: 6/1/18]

I know, it's almost as if there are several factors that make up "eligibility", and a player has to meet all of the requirements to be eligible. Crazy, right?

I'm not sure all players have to meet "all" of the requirements to be eligible. From what I can tell, that's a pretty flimsy statement at best.

This X 1,000

I was discussing with my father now that Sankey has pawned the responsibility off on others while leaving them little to no time to make a decision, this will not go down as good leadership. To me, it seems he doesn’t want the responsibility. So, that said. Fine. Table it. Let transfers play and charge them the year of eligibility while others get a free year. Then make the decision next year. It is hands down the smartest move he can make at this juncture. This year‘s team achievements will have an asterisk next to them anyways.

I was discussing with my father now that Sankey has pawned the responsibility off on others while leaving them little to no time to make a decision, this will not go down as good leadership. To me, it seems he doesn’t want the responsibility. So, that said. Fine. Table it. Let transfers play and charge them the year of eligibility while others get a free year. Then make the decision next year. It is hands down the smartest move he can make at this juncture. This year‘s team achievements will have an asterisk next to them anyways.
how is this smart? he is doing his masters bidding?

14.5.5.1.2 Exception – Postseason Competition Prohibition. A transfer student from a member institution that is prohibited by the NCAA or the SEC from participating in postseason competition may be eligible for intercollegiate competition provided the student is immediately eligible for competition under all other Conference and NCAA rules and all applicable waivers are complete. [Adopted: 6/1/18]

So is this saying that if the SEC prohibits him from postseason play, he can play the regular season?

So is this saying that if the SEC prohibits him from postseason play, he can play the regular season?
From my understanding....Like when Ole Miss was put on probation and banned from postseason play a player/players was allowed to transfer without having to sit out if they were in good standing per NCAA regs. Ole Miss had some to do that.

how is this smart? he is doing his masters bidding?

Maybe I should have specified, smart for him. Smart because he has clearly avoided responsibility already. He has called into question those he is supposed to lead, while stalling and creating a situation where they can do nothing to address the rule at this point. At this point, the situation is what it is. The fact that this is a free year for everyone who plays gives him a unique opportunity to appease those in favor of a transfer by allowing transfers to play by using a year of eligibility when everyone else can play and keep a year of eligibility. Schools will be less concerned with this decision because this season will have an asterisk next to it and their players will have a year of eligibility the transfers lose. Furthermore, it buys back the time he cost the league to consider his charges and will salvage the respect he is about to lose from a lot of well respected people.

Sank is ignorant. This year is a wash. The standard rules should not apply. Unbelievable the AA would be smarter than him.

A lot more than just the QB position. Anyways all of our 2nd & 3rd string QB play was due to JG being injured or playing poorly. Why did Gray only have double digit carries once before the Vandy game? Why did he only get 8 carries against UTC and UAB?
Because he couldn't hold on to the football early and he was terrible in pass blocking is why, that and he was easily arm tackled last season. Using Gray as an example of poor development is confusing as he's developed nicely for someone that came in as small as he was.

Last edited:
Reactions: swampfoxfan
We could easily lose 6 or 7 games with or without Mays. Once you factor in guys getting quarantined and injuries due to less preparation and conditioning (just like the NFL is seeing right now). Anything could happen this year.

Bama, Auburn, UF, UGA, TaMu, USCjr. There's 6 teams we could easily lose every one even completely healthy.
One player costs Tennessee 4 wins. And it ain’t Guarantano? Calling BS.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL

VN Store

Back