Sankey responds to transfers

Wasn’t there a DB a couple years ago that went from Alabama to Georgia and played immediately. Maybe he was a grad transfer. I don’t remember I just thought it was a big news story so makes me think it wasn’t a grad transfer.

Reactions: bigalvol27
In such an unprecedented year, where there is going to be the proverbial asterisk next to everything, there is little merit in enforcing this arbitrary SEC rule.

How come nobody was mentioning this issue when we were trying to get the appeal? Nobody was talking about that rule.

In such an unprecedented year, where there is going to be the proverbial asterisk next to everything, there is little merit in enforcing this arbitrary SEC rule.

How come nobody was mentioning this issue when we were trying to get the appeal? Nobody was talking about that rule.
That’s a good point, also raises the question why this rule wasn’t mentioned to the recruits when they transferred to an SEC school. They knew it, been there for a long time. Pruitt brought it up about Gibbs saying they knew you had to sit out in the SEC. Makes me think players believed the lawyers telling them they could get it approved. Never trust a lawyer.

Reactions: Smellvin
That’s a good point, also raises the question why this rule wasn’t mentioned to the recruits when they transferred to an SEC school. They knew it, been there for a long time. Pruitt brought it up about Gibbs saying they knew you had to sit out in the SEC. Makes me think players believed the lawyers telling them they could get it approved. Never trust a lawyer.
Yeah like why didn't Pruitt bring that rule up before?? Kinda an important detail.

We could easily lose 6 or 7 games with or without Mays. Once you factor in guys getting quarantined and injuries due to less preparation and conditioning (just like the NFL is seeing right now). Anything could happen this year.

Bama, Auburn, UF, UGA, TaMu, USCjr. There's 6 teams we could easily lose every one even completely healthy.
And Kentucky
Despite doing everything in our power to piss away the game last year, we won.
They will not be a gimme.

Reactions: jonnon111
Exactly, let a judge decide if the commissioner won’t.
Unwise decisions lead to adverse events in the future. Best to leave this one alone unless you are prepared to withstand the consequences of you bad decisions. Rules are made for reasons. If those rules turn out to be a problem to the group to which they apply, then those rules should be changed. It appears that the SEC is open to determining if the SEC members want it to happen. We are putting our program back together and I would hate to do something rash to derail our return to an SEC power.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
We could easily lose 6 or 7 games with or without Mays. Once you factor in guys getting quarantined and injuries due to less preparation and conditioning (just like the NFL is seeing right now). Anything could happen this year.

Bama, Auburn, UF, UGA, TaMu, USCjr. There's 6 teams we could easily lose every one even completely healthy.
Goes both ways. Those guys can lose their starters too

I don’t give a rip if the player is transferring inside the conference. It makes ZERO sense that a player loses his job, transfers solely for that reason, and becomes eligible right away. If it is a good reason for a player coming from outside the conference, it should be fine for Mays.

Reactions: tnutater
A question: Has the league granted waivers in the past for transfers who did not meet the cited criteria?

If not, then he has a valid point. But, if so, then he has no credibility whatsoever.
He's a horses ass and a lackey for Nick Saban.

If the rule is that cut and dry, I'm not sure what a judge would do about it. Judges interpret the law, not write it.
The SEC doesn’t pass laws. If a judge grants an injunction for Mayes to play, it trumps an SEC regulation. I personally think both the NCAA and the SEC are corrupt and issues are handled differently for different schools.

Or easily win them for the same reasons

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Nope, they have not. Grad transfers, yes, not normal transfers. That’s why they installed the Grad Transfer Rule. I bet they change this one as well, call it the Mays Rule.

But Sankey basically just went public saying any SEC transfers will be denied unless they vote a new rule in. Any chance that happens before Scar?

They didn't even change the rules on grad transfers until 2018.

I'm sure CJP told the Mays family everything about the transfer rules in the SEC. Fact is the NCAA was a bigger news worthy content than the SEC is at the time. That being said just because not everyone on here or fans in general didn't know about it doesn't mean anything. That is a fan issue of not knowing the rules. We are fans not coaches not players we won't know all the rules until things like this happen and we find out. Just relax clean the sand out of your vaggg and everything will work itself out. Everyone knows how bad this year is and things will be ok.

Pruitt's record wont matter in a pandemic year when half the players probably will be quarantined at some point and not play and he has to play a 10 game SEC schedule. He could win 1 game and get a pass, I am confident.

A lot of people are saying that now, but the tone will change if UF and UGA have great seasons and don’t miss a beat when they have starters quarantined. One knock on Pruitt is UT hasn’t been able to take big leads early on sub par teams to get real snaps for backups.

Let's face it, if it was Saban trying to get a player eligible Sankey would be jumping through hoops to make it happen. Sankey would have already scheduled a Skype meeting of all SEC member's to put it to a vote.

VN Store

Back