Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+

I had a s6, usually get the even numbers, went in and got an s8...signed up for the "galaxy for life plan" at Sprint...36 dollars to upgrade every time a new galaxy phone comes out. Still rocking an 8, pnly thimg new on the 9 is a better camera. Will go get a 10 when they come out. Galaxy phones are the best i have ever had, won't buy anything else.

This is so true, but it's the Galaxy S models in particular that are gold. My friend had a Galaxy S4 for the better part of 4 years. Ultimately the charging port went loose and you couldn't charge the battery. I tried to tell her to hold off on a quick and cheap inferior replacement. She just couldn't and went for an inferior Samsung model phone like a J model or something. Needless to say she couldn't stand it, half the time stuff didn't work right. She's now got an S6 that a coworker gifted to her that wasn't being used.

Just curious, does anyone that uses the micro SD card expansion in their phones ever have an issue with the SD card? I occasionally try and backup my data from my phone onto my computer and Windows will get stuck on certain files then kick out an error saying it can't copy such and such file and asks me to skip it. This happened multiple times on multiple files recently and I'm assuming the SD card or a portion of the SD card is corrupted. At any rate, I purchased a replacement 64GB Sandisk from Amazon for $17 and I'm just going to swap out the old one for the new one.

Youre not supposed to talk about these things, but long story short, i have an otter box black overpriced phone case from the phone shop..i know 40 or whatever was wayy high..but they do have rubber sealed access doors at the bottom of the phone where the charger and headphones plug in...also, the runber case sticks up a full eigth of an inch above my screen, which has never had a clear protector and never been scratched, despite working construction and dropping my phone all of the time...anyway, i had a 5 gallon bucket of water in the passenger floorboard of my truck, set my phone on the dash and forgot...turned left and heard "ploop!"... it took me a second to figure out what that was, and my phone laid on the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket of water for about 5 full seconds. Absolutely zero damage, no water got inside...didnt even have to dry it in rice...just wiped the case off, thanked God, and rolled on. So otter box cases used properly are good for 5 secs complete submersion...FTR....i dropped my old s4 in a toilet when i was taking my preschool daughter to the potty at a public restaurant...grabbed it immediately, it was shot...rubber case makes all the difference. That case was plastic and therefore leaked..

If you have an S8 it's water resistance. You can drop it in that bucket without a case and be fine.

If you have an S8 it's water resistance. You can drop it in that bucket without a case and be fine.
Yep, i use mine in and around water all the time. The only thing that happens to it is the speaker gets muffled for a few minutes until it dries out.

Youre not supposed to talk about these things, but long story short, i have an otter box black overpriced phone case from the phone shop..i know 40 or whatever was wayy high..but they do have rubber sealed access doors at the bottom of the phone where the charger and headphones plug in...also, the runber case sticks up a full eigth of an inch above my screen, which has never had a clear protector and never been scratched, despite working construction and dropping my phone all of the time...anyway, i had a 5 gallon bucket of water in the passenger floorboard of my truck, set my phone on the dash and forgot...turned left and heard "ploop!"... it took me a second to figure out what that was, and my phone laid on the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket of water for about 5 full seconds. Absolutely zero damage, no water got inside...didnt even have to dry it in rice...just wiped the case off, thanked God, and rolled on. So otter box cases used properly are good for 5 secs complete submersion...FTR....i dropped my old s4 in a toilet when i was taking my preschool daughter to the potty at a public restaurant...grabbed it immediately, it was shot...rubber case makes all the difference. That case was plastic and therefore leaked..

There is a company called Poetic that makes cases almost identical to Otter Box but much cheaper. (three piece full surround). I have two and love them. Bought from Amazon.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
Just curious, does anyone that uses the micro SD card expansion in their phones ever have an issue with the SD card? I occasionally try and backup my data from my phone onto my computer and Windows will get stuck on certain files then kick out an error saying it can't copy such and such file and asks me to skip it. This happened multiple times on multiple files recently and I'm assuming the SD card or a portion of the SD card is corrupted. At any rate, I purchased a replacement 64GB Sandisk from Amazon for $17 and I'm just going to swap out the old one for the new one.
I haven't had a problem. Just curious how do you transfer the files? I always just copy & paste from the SD card to my computer.

I haven't had a problem. Just curious how do you transfer the files? I always just copy & paste from the SD card to my computer.

Well, I probably should be doing it by just plugging the phone into the computer, instead I typically remove the card from the phone and put it in an Anker 3.0 USB card reader that I have. Upon further investigation I have been hot swapping the card. I thought you could do that with Androids but there is an "unmount" option you're supposed to be using. I won't be making that mistake with the replacement.

Well, I probably should be doing it by just plugging the phone into the computer, instead I typically remove the card from the phone and put it in an Anker 3.0 USB card reader that I have. Upon further investigation I have been hot swapping the card. I thought you could do that with Androids but there is an "unmount" option you're supposed to be using. I won't be making that mistake with the replacement.
Yeah I just usually plug my phone in when i'm at my computer so it can charge while I'm not using it and I can easily move files etc.. back and forth.

Well now I have to replace the dual sim card tray for my phone. Does anyone know what color the side of the phone is on the black Galaxy S7 SM-G930A? I have the options for silver, or gray.

Well I got the replacement tray for the S7 and even got the sim card and piece of broken tray out of the phone. I suddenly remember why I didn't transfers the files from the phone to the computer using USB it's because you can only see the folders on the phone through Windows Explorer and not the files. It's completely useless. I need to hard reset the phone and now I can't get the few files off of it that I want to save so I can reset the damn thing.

I'm probably late to this update that was released but the Samsung Galaxy update to Android 9 Pie just downloaded and it's just awful. The icons on the drop down menu from the top are so hard to see. They've completely changed the colors to white and blue and it's terrible. Has anyone else gotten this update?

I'm probably late to this update that was released but the Samsung Galaxy update to Android 9 Pie just downloaded and it's just awful. The icons on the drop down menu from the top are so hard to see. They've completely changed the colors to white and blue and it's terrible. Has anyone else gotten this update?

You can change them and a lot of other things, it's in the Quickstar one.

I got a new update for my S8 overnight and its horrible. The icons and text is smaller and apparently the home buttons no longer disappear in apps or online.

Raiding a Galaxy thread just to see if anyone has the Moto G7 Power.

My S8 finally started going bad the last couple of weeks as I couldn't hear callers without having to use speaker phone.

So yesterday I went got a S23 and so far it's been meh. To me it's almost like using my brothers iPhone.

Also trying to sign back in to Apps when you can't remember or find the passwords is a pain in đź«Ź.

My S8 finally started going bad the last couple of weeks as I couldn't hear callers without having to use speaker phone.

So yesterday I went got a S23 and so far it's been meh. To me it's almost like using my brothers iPhone.

Also trying to sign back in to Apps when you can't remember or find the passwords is a pain in đź«Ź.
Lasted you, what, 6 years? I'd say you got your monies worth out of that one. I know I sure don't know anyone with a 6 year old IPhone.

I didn't really like the new Galaxy phones either so I opted for the Pixel 7 pro, it was also almost half the price per month. Pretty happy with it so far.

I upgraded to a newer phone last year. My youngest son is still using the hand me down s8 active. Looks a little rough, but still works for games and basic things.

my S8 is still kicking. Got a crack in the screen, so not waterproof anymore, but no other issues. still retains good functionality. I have had to get in the habit of restarting it every week, but it works.

Reactions: KptVFL
Lasted you, what, 6 years? I'd say you got your monies worth out of that one. I know I sure don't know anyone with a 6 year old IPhone.

I didn't really like the new Galaxy phones either so I opted for the Pixel 7 pro, it was also almost half the price per month. Pretty happy with it so far.
I know a few people with older iPhones. No different than Galaxy’s lol

VN Store

Back