Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+

The finger print reader will be on the back of every phone going forward. With the curved glass, virtual home button, and no bezel there is no space for it on the front.

Apple is trying to build it into the screen. I'm sure Samsung is trying as well.

I did the S8 facial recognition unlock was tricked with a picture.

Nobody preorder one? Got our two today. Beautiful phone but most of the accessories I want isn't out yet.

I'd like to hold one. The screen is huge but the form factor does't look too bad.

Just left verizon to see if they had any accessories (they don't yet) but they did get both models in so all stores and carriers should have them out tomorrow to hold.

Just left verizon to see if they had any accessories (they don't yet) but they did get both models in so all stores and carriers should have them out tomorrow to hold.

I may check one out next time I'm by there. It seems like a really good form factor. I'm curious how the phone feels in my hand more than anything.

Nobody preorder one? Got our two today. Beautiful phone but most of the accessories I want isn't out yet.

Mine's coming tomorrow. S8+ in midnight black. Got some deal where I switched to unlimited data, traded in my s6 edge+ and now I will get the new phone, the data, and a VR headset...went from $73/month to $110. Not too shabby.

Mine's coming tomorrow. S8+ in midnight black. Got some deal where I switched to unlimited data, traded in my s6 edge+ and now I will get the new phone, the data, and a VR headset...went from $73/month to $110. Not too shabby.
Go with the $99 VR package if you can. Comes with the 256GB scandisk memory for the phone and better headphones.

Edit- The memory cards retail alone says it sales for $250.

Last edited:
Go with the $99 VR package if you can. Comes with the 256GB scandisk memory for the phone and better headphones.

Edit- The memory cards retail alone says it sales for $250.

I'm taking the VR thing with a grain of salt, it was basically just a cool little sweetener for me. What are your thoughts on their VR rig?

I'm taking the VR thing with a grain of salt, it was basically just a cool little sweetener for me. What are your thoughts on their VR rig?

Haven't tried the original Gear headset for the S7 but love my PS4 VR headset. With that said the new Gear headset is supposed to be improved and comes with a controller and since the S8 is 4k I think you will like it alot. The content you run on it is basically the content for the Rift and Vive headsets.

I got on Samsung yesterday to reserve my two $99 VR package headsets and couldn't. They want the WIFI - Mac number which means the phone would need to fire up. My cases aren't here yet and my luck in my job something would happen to it even in two days without a case. The second reason is my wife is out of town working and if I fired hers up the phone with her wouldn't work.

Haven't tried the original Gear headset for the S7 but love my PS4 VR headset. With that said the new Gear headset is supposed to be improved and comes with a controller and since the S8 is 4k I think you will like it alot. The content you run on it is basically the content for the Rift and Vive headsets.

I got on Samsung yesterday to reserve my two $99 VR package headsets and couldn't. They want the WIFI - Mac number which means the phone would need to fire up. My cases aren't here yet and my luck in my job something would happen to it even in two days without a case. The second reason is my wife is out of town working and if I fired hers up the phone with her wouldn't work.

Take the sim card out and fire it up, it won't affect her service. You only need power, not service to pull a mac address.

Nevermind on the $99 VR bundle. Already sold out. They do have the free VR bundle still available.

After reading up about this more seems like most carrier preorder customers didn't even get a shot at buying this. People that ordered through Samsung basically had a link or was able to reserve the $99 VR bundle on March 30 since Samsung had those customers receipt in hand. All the carrier preorders had to wait until their phones arrived to take a picture of their receipt.

Really a bad look for Samsung and offering the promotion through all the carriers yet was sold out before people got their phones.

I prerdered on day1, recived it Thursday, used the shop Samsung app to deserve my VR Gear and remote. Email received Friday that I was approved. Not sure where alot of this bad info comes from.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I prerdered on day1, recived it Thursday, used the shop Samsung app to deserve my VR Gear and remote. Email received Friday that I was approved. Not sure where alot of this bad info comes from yet they were using the same Samsung promotion to get more preorders.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The free VR bundle is still available. The $99 VR bundle was sold out not long after Thursday morning April 20. The official release date of the phone was April 21. If you ordered from any carrier or say Best Buy that didn't allow the phone released until the 21st then you had no chance at buying the better bundle.

Anyone get one? I like the curved screen and the wireless charging pad looks awesome imo.

Just a thought: I looked at the Edge the last time I was in the market for a phone, and I told the sales rep that the curved screen looked more prone to damage (without a solid rim protecting it). He quickly offered that they had a very high rate of cracked displays.

VN Store

Back