Samsung Galaxy 10 announced

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Nice lineup of phones. Anybody here planning to get one?

And how about that $2000 folding phone? 🤨

Not looking to upgrade now, already have a Samsung, though.

The folding phone looks cool, but sort of thick and clunky with the screen in the middle. Will be interested after a few more generations of refinement are in place and the price is a bit lower.

Not looking to upgrade now, already have a Samsung, though.

The folding phone looks cool, but sort of thick and clunky with the screen in the middle. Will be interested after a few more generations of refinement are in place and the price is a bit lower.
Yeah it seems risky to buy a first generation product like a folding phone. Not that I'd spend $2000 on one anyway. Lol.

Which Samsung do you have now?

We need a dark mode, probably.
I turned it off for 2 reasons. 1 it's too hard to differentiate between read and unread threads, the bold title is too close to the read ones. 2 the crimson color of the header when it's in dark mode. If you could do a dark mode and fix those it would be nice.

My wife's S9+ updated two nights ago and now it shows it as a 5G. I guess that's a good thing.
I could be wrong but I don't think the phone is capable of handling 5G. There are S10's coming out in March but another one a little later that will be 5G. I'm wondering if I want to get one next month or wait for the 5G.

I could be wrong but I don't think the phone is capable of handling 5G. There are S10's coming out in March but another one a little later that will be 5G. I'm wondering if I want to get one next month or wait for the 5G.
I didnt think it was capable either. Look at the screenshot...that's just weird! Lol. My S8+ still shows 4G, so I'm guessing it's not a tower upgrade.

Screenshot_20190221-154137_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

No one has a 5G phone or 5G network to use a phone on yet. Everything AT&T is calling 5Ge is used by every other carrier in their 4G networks. Sprint has even sued.

Sprint sues AT&T over its fake 5G branding
Everybody will be running their version of it by mid summer. Verizon first and the other carriers later. Samsung has a S10 5G that's coming out first half of 2019 also.

Samsung announces the Galaxy S10 5G

Samsung will launch a top-tier model of the Galaxy S10 that offers 5G mobile data connectivity. The device, which has a larger screen and battery than the S10 Plus, will temporarily be a Verizon Wireless exclusive before expanding to other carriers in the weeks after launch. It will go on sale sometime “in the first half of 2019.”

The 5G Galaxy S10 will feature a giant 6.7-inch display; the standard S10 Plus screen measures 6.4 inches. It will also have a 4,500mAh battery compared to 4,100mAh in the S10 Plus. However, it’s important to remember that 5G modems are still relatively new, so a beefier battery is likely a necessity to deliver battery life that equals or bests the other S10 models. You’ll be able to charge it quickly, too: Samsung says the S10 5G supports 25W Super Fast Charging. (Like the other S10 models, you can rest another device with wireless charging on the back of the S10 5G to juice it up using the phone’s power.

Looks like a bunch of new info has dropped about more upcoming "foldable" phones. There are going to be quite a few of these on the market in the near future and from what I've seen the Samsung implementation may be the worst. Huawei's version seems like a much more logical way to approach it with the foldable screen on the outside rather than the inside, like Samsung has done. Jmo.

VN Store

Back