Sampson Turning Heads In Camp

This is what you look for as a recruit, a team with an immediate need at your position. UT will need 3 backs to make it thru the season so he is definitely going to get his carries. I hope someone steps up to be the short yardage back they need to complete the offense and stay on the field.

This is what you look for as a recruit, a team with an immediate need at your position. UT will need 3 backs to make it thru the season so he is definitely going to get his carries. I hope someone steps up to be the short yardage back they need to complete the offense and stay on the field.

Key part of your post....

Reactions: OrangeTsar
I have said since he signed this dude will be the steal of the class. Everyone was talking about JWT, but this kid is a stud in his own right.

I really liked both backs from the get go. Trust coach to find the pieces that work in his system. These two freshmen have different roles. Sampson can get a lot of carries, but is a home run hitter, JWT is more of an every down back, with some pounder capabilities HOPEFULLY on short yardage. I love backs that can fill both roles, like say Jay Graham here, or a number of Bama backs the last decade or so, but the composite of these two COULD be fun to watch over the next few years. Similar to this years tandem of Seldon and Stallings. So it seems to be a plan of attack. Not many of those big and fast with wiggle hybrids around. So having one that excels in space and one capable of making space works for me.

Reactions: Ratvol

VN Store

Back