Samara Spencer to Tennessee!

you are spot on. wynn and cooper should benefit the most here. that said, we will have about 2 or 3 people on the floor each possession that can push the ball quickly up the court. :)
IMO this moves poor Kaiya farther down the bench. We now have multiple players very similar to her except they're younger, therefore more likely to get the mins. Strickland is the other player lost in the shuffle IMO. I think Tess is a special case, think she accepted a greatly reduced role when she decided to stay.

LOL that's alot of excitement for someone who swears they're off the bus at regular intervals. I trust your judgement, so please talk me off the meh ledge about this. Don't we now have about half a dozen identical players, all with the same challenges?

Oh shocking, the person clutching their pearls the most about no commitments immediately calls it “meh” when we land a very skilled, very fast and very versatile PG.

LOL that's alot of excitement for someone who swears they're off the bus at regular intervals. I trust your judgement, so please talk me off the meh ledge about this. Don't we now have about half a dozen identical players, all with the same challenges?
Lmaooo! Im slowly slowly getting there 98! I have half a leg on the bus and half off. I’m waiting until I see the product on the floor to jump on board friend.

I like Samara because I think she’s a proven scorer. We needed one of those along side Jewel. Even though her numbers aren’t gaudy and where we would want them to be, sis can get a bucket. Maybe with more of a structured run and gun offense (at least that’s what I’m hoping it’ll be) she’ll improve her numbers. I love her speed as well, it’s been a while since we’ve had a lot of speedy guards. All we can do is sit back and support for now, BUT I’m still keeping my pitchfork sharpened for next season! 🥴😂

Very little downside with only 1 year left.
My only concern is that both her overall fg % and 3pt % have dropped each year.

Fg %. 42.5 in 2022, 39.9 in 2023 and
32.6 in 2024.
3pt %. 34.4 in 2022, 32.3 in 2023 and 26.0 in 2024

Maybe a change of scenery will help.
this could the coach pulling her too quickly
If the coach has a quick trigger on misses,,,shooters go in with an "I better not miss" mindset instead of a shooter's mentality.."The next one's going in"

You see how the non-reluctance works by seeing Tess' overall stats

Last edited:
Reactions: LV renaissance
The lady vols are rolling them in!

Yes indeed. The fanatics at this point grasping for straws… if adding a 3-year elite SEC starting PG (2022 Freshman of the Yr) is “meh” then just let these people seek help for their own misery.
Everybody else is through the roof with excitement!
And like Jewel Spear said that’s 3🍊!

Last edited:
Now Brit, you know this isn’t a bad pickup, and a freshman of the year accolade in the vaunted SEC on your resume isn’t “meh” now….come on. 😂
I’ve just seen too many people talking on twitter and tiktok about how her and taliah scott were beefing all season. Now, of course that might be on Taliah and not Spencer, but only one person was taunting on the other’s social media. It makes me nervous! I’m doing my best to trust, to live laugh love, to believe, etc 😅 We didn’t win as much as we should have last year, but the vibes were good.

Oh shocking, the person clutching their pearls the most about no commitments immediately calls it “meh” when we land a very skilled, very fast and very versatile PG
Wrong, my pearls have never been clutched about "no commitments" bc we've had commits for weeks. My clutching is over lack of truly impactful gets, like Ruby would be. Don't get me wrong, what we've signed are solid and the multi yr players will be good for the future. And have good potential, lord knows we are a team brimming w potential. But I was hoping for at least one that would hop us up into realistically being on the one yr plan of competing for the top of the league.

We still badly need a post and a proven, not hoped for, scorer, esp fm 3.

Wrong, my pearls have never been clutched about "no commitments" bc we've had commits for weeks. My clutching is over lack of truly impactful gets, like Ruby would be. Don't get me wrong, what we've signed are solid and the multi yr players will be good for the future. And have good potential, lord knows we are a team brimming w potential. But I was hoping for at least one that would hop us up into realistically being on the one yr plan of competing for the top of the league.

We still badly need a post and a proven, not hoped for, scorer, esp fm 3.

This team is light years better than any we’ve had since about 2016 in terms of athleticism.

Oh shocking, the person clutching their pearls the most about no commitments immediately calls it “meh” when we land a very skilled, very fast and very versatile PG.

Boom 💥 ! They been expecting Coach Caldwell to fail since Day 1 and she exposing the fanatics effortlessly. And I’m trying to see where this myth of all the guards being the same came from..

Talaysia Cooper is not similar to Spencer, Wynn, or Boyd.

The only similarities between Cooper and Boyd are defense and ball handling.

Spencer plays a different game than any of the guards.

You can never have too many guards that can DRIBBLE now give me a break with the nonsense.

But as far as skillset, they do not play anywhere near the same style of basketball.

Last edited:
Lol. The same poster who sang Jasmine Powell’s praises for majority of the season can’t see the vision with a proven SEC talent. Everyone’s entitled to their response, but my goodness.

Reactions: VolBall09
This team is light years better than any we’ve had since about 2016 in terms of athleticism.
Agree. And if we were entering a track meet I'd be delighted. Our memories are so short, it wasn't that long ago we were crying that recruiting had favored athleticism over actual skills, mainly offensive skills. And constantly questioned their "basktetball IQ".

Some sweet day, I'd love if we could achieve a balance btw those players, or better yet, recruit a few who can do both.

Boom 💥 ! They been expecting Coach Caldwell to fail since Day 1 and she exposing the fanatics effortlessly. And I’m trying to see where this myth of all the guards being the same came from..

Talaysia Cooper is not similar to Spencer, Wynn, or Boyd.

The only similarities between Cooper and Boyd are defense and ball handling.

Spencer is plays a different game than any of the guards.

You can never have too many guards that can DRIBBLE now give me a break with the nonsense.

But as far as skillset, they do not play anywhere near the same style of basketball.
finally Winner and I agree on an entire post
yay

Agree. And if we were entering a track meet I'd be delighted. Our memories are so short, it wasn't that long ago we were crying that recruiting had favored athleticism over actual skills, mainly offensive skills. And constantly questioned their "basktetball IQ".

Some sweet day, I'd love if we could achieve a balance btw those players, or better yet, recruit a few who can do both.
This will fall under a category that the LV's for the last two coaches,,, have been at the bottom of as far as I am concerned,,,"the betterment of skills/players"

You can have both, this team is going to. You’re negativity and pessimism isn’t going to change that.

IMO this moves poor Kaiya farther down the bench. We now have multiple players very similar to her except they're younger, therefore more likely to get the mins. Strickland is the other player lost in the shuffle IMO. I think Tess is a special case, think she accepted a greatly reduced role when she decided to stay.
Bro, your prior comment almost, I mean almost, baited me into posting something really snarky, like "CKC only said the LVs are going to get a lot of shots up; she never said that they would make them." Man, I am so glad that my better judgment has prevailed and you won't see such snarkiness coming from me, no sirrreee.

But, while Spencer's shooting numbers have been moving in the wrong direction (which is odd) she is an experienced SEC PG who can run an offense at pace. So, CKC is not having to force fit the Wynn circle into the PG square.

The fact that Tess is a proven shooter, who has been getting better at hitting threes transitions, might mean that she gets more time (and has a bigger role) than expected next year.

Lol. The same poster who sang Jasmine Powell’s praises for majority of the season can’t see the vision with a proven SEC talent. Everyone’s entitled to their response, but my goodness.

Then went on to say Samara Spencer is a “lack of impactful get” compared to Ruby Whitehorn.

That right there is spinning to another level.

I believe UT will sign Ruby or another good wing so I’m not going to take away from that but to try to discredit signing Samara Spencer is just pure nonsense.

this could the coach pulling her too quickly
If the coach has a quick trigger on misses,,,shooters go in with an "I better not miss" mindset instead of a shooter's mentality.."The next one's going in"

You see how the non-reluctance works by seeing Tess' overall stats
That wasn’t the case in this instance.
She played 30.0, 33.9 and 34.7 minutes per game, in her 3 years at Arkansas.
She was rarely on the bench.

I sang JP's praises bc she played her heart out at the very ceiling of her limited abilities. I never once said she was our ideal pg and said many times the lack of a consistent, elite pg was hurting us badly. I love JP but never mistook her for Raven Johnson.

But I don't fault the coaching staff for signing these players a bit. I'm impressed w the buy in they've gotten, both with existing players and with transfers. I'm sure they've signed the best players who agreed to come here and now will just have to do the "more with less" thing that the LVs haven't been able to conquer the last few yrs. And in a much, much tougher league.

I’ve just seen too many people talking on twitter and tiktok about how her and taliah scott were beefing all season. Now, of course that might be on Taliah and not Spencer, but only one person was taunting on the other’s social media. It makes me nervous! I’m doing my best to trust, to live laugh love, to believe, etc 😅 We didn’t win as much as we should have last year, but the vibes were good.
There’s always two sides for sure. Don’t even pretend to know what happened there. Scott basically quit the team 20 games in even though she was getting the most shots and playing time. Maybe there is some bitterness that Scott didn’t see it through? Some of Spencer’s other teammates are saying they are now TN fans on her IG. Hopefully one of those situations where a new environment is better for everyone.

In all honesty, I don’t care what went down at Arky. These are kids in their late teens/early twenties. Things happen. If anything, it’s more of a reflection of Neighbors and staff, who didn’t manage the situation well. Buck stops with the HC.

Could you imagine if TikTok was around when CP3’s class came to Tennessee? They didn’t like each other at all. There was a lot of beefing. It happens.

This whole narrative of TN being the place for players who aren’t problematic in ANY WAY doesn’t do it for me. It gives loser vibes.

VN Store

Back