Sam Pittman to Arkansas? (Merged)

1. Chaney has stated multiple times he loves Knoxville
2. So much, in fact, that he has said he wants to retire here
3. We are paying Chaney more than Arkansas ever could pay him
4. We would raise his salary if needed (won't be)
5. UT is in an upward trajectory, whereas Ark is in the middle of the desert

Just to help out here I read on here that he’s due 1.5 this season and 1.7 nxt season. They’d have to really want Chaney at those prices.

Pittman can be good and get fired in 3 years. The West is so tough he'd have to be great to make much headway.

IMHO, Friend is serviceable at best, and is overpaid. The OL improvement seemed to me to occur once Chaney got personally involved.
Chaney isnt magical pixy dust. Takes more than half a fall camp to make those types of changes. Chaney helped but to play down Friend is probably too much at this point.

Reactions: memtownvol
Chaney isnt magical pixy dust. Takes more than half a fall camp to make those types of changes. Chaney helped but to play down Friend is probably too much at this point.

We will just agree to disagree on this, brother. I understand that Chaney has been heavily involved this year, and the improvement is obvious, even in players carried over from last year.

Friend is not horrible, but he is overpaid. Should shift some of that salary to Nieds. That would hurt to lose him.

Reactions: feathersax
We will just agree to disagree on this, brother. I understand that Chaney has been heavily involved this year, and the improvement is obvious, even in players carried over from last year.

Friend is not horrible, but he is overpaid. Should shift some of that salary to Nieds. That would hurt to lose him.
I can agree with the last two sentences.

Our Oline went as anyone with sense would think it would. Our freshman played like freshman until later in the year when they had the experience and lack of injury necessary.

The only way to resurrect Arkansas is for them to go to the Big 12.... and not because I'm dissing the Big 12. It is a much more natural conference for their recruiting base and needs.

The only way to resurrect Arkansas is for them to go to the Big 12.... and not because I'm dissing the Big 12. It is a much more natural conference for their recruiting base and needs.
Or to fire the old Southwest Conference back up.

We're losing to teams like San Jose State, North Texas and Western Kentucky right now though. I don't think we'd be doing any better in the Big 12 currently. We recruit at a top 25ish level and a lot of that may be due to being in the SEC so there's no guarantee the recruiting wouldn't drop off if we moved.

Reactions: SCRocket
I think Sam is a great recruiter. He’s been around awhile. I have a feeling he’ll make them an above average team. You never know.

Pittman can be good and get fired in 3 years. The West is so tough he'd have to be great to make much headway.
Yeah. I think he comes in with a ton of goodwill but an absolutely lousy roster. Believe the experiment will last 4 years, at which time UT finally gets their man.

Huge hire for Arkansas getting Barry Odum as DC. Happy for Coach Pittman. They will have Arkansas back faster than scheduled with this hire.

Looking like a pretty damn good hire. If not for the screw job last week in Auburn, they’d be 3-1.

VN Store

Back