Salter charged with misdemeanor

I have a much larger problem with him driving around on the Strip at 3am in June with no taillights, an obscured license plate with an illegal substance in the car than the fact that he smokes weed. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. First of all, no one is on campus in June, it’s dead on Cumberland this time of year, you’re gonna be seen and stick out like a sore thumb at 3am. Second, you just got reinstated after your prior incident that included weed, which is still illegal and you still thought this was a good idea. You’re the Quarterback, you’re different than every other position on the field, you have to be better at all times because the microscope is on you more than any other player and maybe any other person on campus . Is that fair? Probably not, but that’s the deal and coming from Texas you should’ve known that for a very long time .

Looks like one of the low IQ recruits has risen to the top. And he blows his 2nd chance quickly. Real stupid player here.

He should be gone by week's end. Let him go to Bama or Oklahoma if he wants like the rest of the losers we have recently recruited.

Weed is (mostly) harmless. Certainly it's appreciably more harmless than alcohol.

Couldn't agree more. The certain football players I saw in bars back in the day, I'd much prefer they take a toke before going out for the evening instead of boozing it up. I've rarely seen anybody want to fight when buzzed on weed, beer and whiskey.........let the brawling begin.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
200.gif

Ok without going through 500 posts (almost) about how great drugs are, I have one question. If he is on probation from the university is this even a football team decision? Can the university suspend him as a student for a year? I would imagine if so she he’s going to the transfer portal

I think you are correct that UT can dismiss him for his actions.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
The weed stuff is stupid, ruining ppls lives and stuff over some small amount of bud is asanine to me.Your spot on tho, with the way this state is will probably be the 53rd state to legalize it lol..They randomly stopped me in Gatlinburg,said they smelled 1.7gs from 300 yards(3 football fields)away as I passed windows up and it raining outside doin 50mph.Now I hadn't been smoking and it was in a sealed Mason jar.I ended up with possesion,dui,some more ignorant sh*t.Fought it got it all dismissed rightfully so.Point is I almost lost my job, had family members act strange etc etc all over some ass*ole that didn't have anything better to do.

The war on drugs does four things: 1) Make gangsters rich. 2) Fill our prisons with "offenders" that you and I have to pay 70+ thousand dollars a year, per person, to house. 3) Create misery to innocent people caught up in the middle. 4) And last, but not least.......create the need for local, state, and federal enforcers to catch offenders. DEA agents make a darn good salary.

The war on drugs does four things: 1) Make gangsters rich. 2) Fill our prisons with "offenders" that you and I have to pay 70+ thousand dollars a year, per person, to house. 3) Create misery to innocent people caught up in the middle. 4) And last, but not least.......create the need for local, state, and federal enforcers to catch offenders. DEA agents make a darn good salary.

5) Makes judges and lawyers richer....and probably politicians

Reactions: norrislakevol
We always get the "working their way back onto the team" trope from coaches. Well Heupel, Salter just made a mockery of that process.

Complete disrespect for his team and zero appreciation for his second chance.

This is not a difficult choice to make, or at least it shouldn't be for Heupel.

What a F***ING idiot. Twice before he’s even played a down. Great talent that we’ll probably never see put on the uniform.

The flip side of the coin is these are highschool/college kids, and Heupel shows great lack of control over the program for not paying attention to his players enough to keep them out of trouble. Both parties to blame in my opinion.

VN Store

Back