Saints signed Colton Jumper

Alex Ellis, Colton Jumper, Trevor Daniel.... All former PWOs that got a chance.... We've got others that have proved themselves that need some field time!

Jumper is the nephew of UT starting guard Tom Jumper 1950-1952. Tom Jumper tore up a knee after 6 games, but still make some achievements as a starter in his 2nd year (seems he was either all SEC or second team with only 6 games.). Got over the knee, came back in 1951 and tore up the knee again that finished his career. I believe Tom Jumper was replaced by John Michaels who went on to make All American and serve as an NFL assistant coach for some 20 years. Jumpers father and another brother played for UTC....so Jumper has a football background.

I can't imagine what knee surgery was like in 1950.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I'm happy for the young man but everybody need not get carried away. The NFL needs practice players, walk ons, and tackling dummies like most all football teams do.
ALL of which have talent, that according to MANY on here, Jumper didn't possess.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Once it got out that his dad was supposedly pumping money in for him to start he was screwed as far as fan perception goes. Even if he hadve been good.

What is funny is that I met Colton's Dad at a tailgate before a game and we mentioned that rumor to him and he laughed as he said he had not donated so much as a dime. He thought it was funny and was super nice.

I can't imagine what knee surgery was like in 1950.
crazy-surgeon-with-chainsaw-BA0G6W.jpg

Always happy to see former vols get a shot at the next level.

With that said Colton probably frustrated me more than any other vol in recent memory.

Took the kid 20 starts at middle linebacker before he registered his first sack.

Started 12 games at MLB his senior season and only finished the year with 25 solo tackles.

So tell us Indianapolis....what superlatives have you accomplished in your lifetime?

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Jumper got a tryout in the nfl? What ?? Everyone here told me we had 5 linebackers better than him Eat crow.

Hopefully he will become the next Justin Coleman. A guy who for what ever reason didn't excel greatly at Tennessee but does so in the NFL.

VN Store

Back