Safety DeAngelo Gibbs transferring from UGA to Tennessee.

Not sure about that, but it is a scientific fact that smoking marijuana permanently alters the wiring of a brain. Additionally, there are cases where people have experienced moments of paranoia years after they stopped smoking. The major problem with smoking weed isn't physical health, it's mental health.

Finally some facts! Please cite the studies so we can put this baby to rest. Be sure to include who funded the research.

So everyone that uses marijuana occasionally is a pothead , so is everyone that has a beer ( which is a proven fact is much worse for a human ) on occasion an alcoholic?

Yes, everyone that uses pot occasionally is a pothead, and a criminal where illegal.

No, everyone that drinks a beer occasionally is a lawful beerhead.

Pot meet kettle please show evidence of these “ scientific facts “

Patiently waiting
It's easily accessible to you if you want to look. You won't find any conclusive research that point to marijuana use causing lung cancer; you however will find studies that it does cause changes in lung tissue. You will also find that use causes short term memory impairment but there hasn't been conclusive proof of long term issues only suggestive evidence that there may be a link.

Again I don't give a damn, I think it should be legalized and I would agree it's probably at least less damaging than alcohol. All of that said you can't stick your head in the sand and say there is nothing suggesting that there may be health risks associated with it especially smoking it.

In the case of this kid who has struggled with classes and seems to have a problem with additive substances, I would say that weed could be a large problem. Especially since it's cost him a position at one school already.

How did this thread go from DeAngelo Gibbs transferring to Tennessee to a confabulation on reefer anyway?

Never mind. I don't want to know.

Reactions: 4chrissy
you-still-think-marijuana-is-unharmful-before-after-1-marijuana-8566896.png

You can't argue with science.

So everyone that uses marijuana occasionally is a pothead , so is everyone that has a beer ( which is a proven fact is much worse for a human ) on occasion an alcoholic?
yes to both says the guy that drinks beer and/or liquor occasionally

I personally think that both marijuana and alcohol are equally addictive. Weed has full on health benefits and the main reason its a big deal is its insane inclusion on schedule 1
This causes a lot of legal ramifications that skip the fact it should not be on schedule 1 by definition. There are 3 things a drug has to meet to be schedule 1

• The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
  • The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical treatment use in the U.S.
  • It has a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision.
Anything people like has a high potential for abuse. if that was a single qualifier cheetos would be on the list.
The second 2 are hands down not true about it. it has accepted medical uses and there are accepted safety uses under medical supervision.

Whats more funny is this. Cocaine is not schedule 1. Neither is Oxy. its hilarious.

Here is a FACT no one in the history of EVER has smoked one and then decided to do anything resembling a crime. Let me clarify there are cases where someone that had already decided to commit a crime smoked one (laced with something) but usually that person decides to do something else like sleep or make some nachos. I don't smoke (weed) and never will. But being a person that grew up around it everyday am well acquainted with it and know many who still partake. I have never once been worried about a weedhead doing anything past raiding my fridge or embarrassingly admitting they love me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Al Orange
Per Grant Ramey. Expected to enroll Friday. Will have to sit out a year.

He was rated a 4-star and the No. 49 overall player in the class of 2017. He has two years of eligibility left.
Might work out but I wouldn’t get my hopes too high

Assuming he sits a yr

Reading all this "information" about marijuana on a player thread forum is giving me the munchies!

Why cant he just stay off the weed until he makes it to the NFL or wherever? Its not addictive (so some say), so whats the problem?

I definitley remember us recruiting this kid back in the day...he played with Nigel Warrior in HS right, that or I think he was related to him...maybe it was Baylen Buchannon...there was some connection there and I was really hoping we could get him..Crazy how things work out.
Nigel’s cousin, Dale Carter’s nephew. Baylen is Ray Buchannon’s son. Shame Nigel and Deangelo won’t get to play a college game together

Not sure about that, but it is a scientific fact that smoking marijuana permanently alters the wiring of a brain. Additionally, there are cases where people have experienced moments of paranoia years after they stopped smoking. The major problem with smoking weed isn't physical health, it's mental health.

Any pleasure-inducing stimuli will strengthen those specific neuronal pathways. Weed, alcohol, opiods, sex, whatever is pleasurable for you can "rewire" the brain.

Agree with some previous posters, weed can have some marginal mental issues associated with it (mostly isolated to those predisposed with schizophrenia and other preexisting mental issues). Alcohol wreaks havoc on the physical body and brain.

Main differences between weed and alcohol are that weed is a bit safer and alcohol acceptance is socially ingrained in us as "ok" by decades of marketing. Few substances kill and ruin as many lives as alcohol.

I live in Asheville, a hub of drug abuse and homelessness. Never met a homeless person that was riddled by the terrible burden of being a pothead. Met and talked with many burdened by the weight of prescription, alcohol, crack, etc addictions.

Just my .02

Oh look it's the pot thread again.

Should it be illegal? Yes
Is it Legal? Not in Tennessee

So if you want to maintain a scholarship as a football player at Tennessee, you will have to refrain.

If/when it's legalized in this state, that should stop being a requirement. But until then, follow the rules. It's no different than when I quit smoking it because I got a job that does random drug tests. I want to keep my job, so I refrain. It's not that complicated.

VN Store

Back