Saban - "This is the first time we've ever had to really 'grind one out'".

Our D pushed the Bama O back off the line some last night also. We played a lot of plays behind their line of scrimmage last night. Emmerson and Middleton played big time last night. Things are changing for sure and for the better.
Bennett flashed at times also. I honestly think we won the battle at the line of scrimmage, on both sides of the ball. Sure bama made plays but I saw us doing some really good things last night.
GBO!!

I’ll say this, the tide limped their a$$’ outta Bryant Denny last night! That’s the first time ,in a long time, that mighty Alabama got beat up! We punched them in the mouth and went toe to toe with them.
GBO!!

Yep, they can shove those d@mn cigars where the sun don't shine, and we punched them right in the mouth.

It's coming... We are closer now than I thought.

Yeah, we get it. You do not like CJP. If you actually watch the dozen or so replays of the goal line call, it was not a QB sneak. As everyone on here but you have seen, you don't have a perfect guard pull with a kick out block on a QB sneak over the top. The OL drives out and cuts the legs of the line if that is the case.
Don't read between the lines you are not good at it. I was responded to the comment that Sabin was out-coached. He put his backup QB in a position to score twice and both times our defense was fooled completely. That is good coaching, they had those plays ready in their back pocket. I hate the bastard but he gets the job done when required.

Don't read between the lines you are not good at it. I was responded to the comment that Sabin was out-coached. He put his backup QB in a position to score twice and both times our defense was fooled completely. That is good coaching, they had those plays ready in their back pocket. I hate the bastard but he gets the job done when required.
Sorry. your handle applies to me.:cool:

I think our team showed that we can pick up some more wins with an outside chance at a bowl game some of you act like we won.

I get we were a bad personal foul call and a JG fumble from this being a one score game but it looks funny saying Saban got outcoached when we picked up less than 250 yards of offense and Alabama did enough to get out the game while they get an assessment of Tua. I'm not defending Alabama but this seems to be the route fans take when they aren't used to winning.

Bennett flashed at times also. I honestly think we won the battle at the line of scrimmage, on both sides of the ball. Sure bama made plays but I saw us doing some really good things last night.
GBO!!
You know I came back to this thread and read you post again where you said "Bennett flashed at times also" and realized that is exactly what Pruitt was talking about over and over when he said players needed to play with consistency. Bennett just needs to play with consistency. I saw one game earlier where he flashed during the game at times.
Emmerson and Middleton keep playing like they did last night they are going to be making some big money later on.

When they had the backup QB in the red zone they called some very creative plays. His first touchdown was a handoff and no one on our team touched the back or even knew he had the ball, completely fooled. The 2nd time they had a tight end running free in the end zone and simply heaved it over the goal line, another easy score. Great coaching there. The best play our guys could come up with was a QB sneak? We had 7 or 8 plays inside the 10, WTF. I don't think we won the coaching battle.[/

The coaches didn’t call the QB sneak, the QB did.

GBO!!
Agreed I can't remember the last time our offensive line blew them off the ball like they did last night. We are turning the corner that's for sure. One thing is for certain we gave them a fight that they weren't expecting

Did anyone catch the announcers comment, " I don't understand why the ref made that call", the reply was "Cause were in Tuscaloosa".

Yeah, Todd McShay kept it real!

It's such BS what goes on out there with the refs for chosen teams. Bama is good enough as it is...

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Our D pushed the Bama O back off the line some last night also. We played a lot of plays behind their line of scrimmage last night. Emmerson and Middleton played big time last night. Things are changing for sure and for the better.

Yeah I couldn't believe we were actually pushing them back in a lot of plays. Some missed blocks but was great to see the pushes that have been missing

I think our team showed that we can pick up some more wins with an outside chance at a bowl game some of you act like we won.

I get we were a bad personal foul call and a JG fumble from this being a one score game but it looks funny saying Saban got outcoached when we picked up less than 250 yards of offense and Alabama did enough to get out the game while they get an assessment of Tua. I'm not defending Alabama but this seems to be the route fans take when they aren't used to winning.

Agree. We had chances but so did they. We did better than I expected and yes the refs were bad and if everything went right we could have won but it's not like we dominated them and lost on some fluke plays or mere bad luck.

VN Store

Back