Saban: Texas A&M 'bought every player' in their #1 class

NIL will spread out the talent.

Saban has cried over practically every change that’s occurred in college football. Nothing new this time.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Anybody that thinks a cap will level everything is delusional. The Bama’s and Georgia’s and OSU’s will just continue to pay extra under the table. It won’t level anything out, it will be the same as it is today. You reach your cap then start the under the table again and those that can get away with it will continue to do so.

Saban has no moral stance to say anything he did publicly. The parity comments are especially rich. The bottom line is everyone playing by the same rules means that the cheating apparatus that ruled before has been neutralized. Saban obviously doesn’t like that. The days of chargers and $100k payments to stack any 5 star you want are over. Institutions will now need to pony up market value, above board.

Saban is a baby. When someone beats him at his own game but in a way he hasn’t figured out yet, he’s a whiny baby. Remember when his offense sucked? He changed it - but it took time.

A&M was on the forefront of NIL and he’s butthurt that Bama wasn’t.

It’s a bad look for a guy who has won a ton of national championships.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Good luck to your Men's Tennis Team today. We're both on the same side of the bracket this year so we can't meet for the championship but first we have to get past a strong Tennessee team to even meet y'all in the Semis. Hopefully UVA lives down to their #7 ranking.
I wouldn't think it happens often where all the Top 8 seeds make it to the Elite 8. Baylor/UT match has been good so far (Tied at 1 as of now). Vols got the doubles point and Baylor with the first singles point.

Reactions: BUBear
Yeah I have to back Saban here at least in what he is saying.

To me the answer is limit schools collective to a max. Or at least as a percentage of the schools body or something.

If it’s going to be pay to play then the one with the most chips is going to win. Even the NFL has salary caps so it’s not limiting player freedoms by doing so.
The NCAA is powerless to limit or control NIL. I would bet good money the NCAA will be sued over their past restrictions on NI.

280576265_1471683460011582_3355175314200318259_n.jpg

The NCAA is powerless to limit or control NIL. I would bet good money the NCAA will be sued over their past restrictions on NI.

The NCAA is more or less powerless to stop compensation, whether we are talking NIL or just any compensation source/destination i.e. anti-trust act. There are all kinds of lawsuits (From anti-trust to employment statuses i.e back wages) at various stages of litigation, this will continue for the next decade+. The NCAA is over in its present form

UF subpoenaed for student athlete records in an antitrust lawsuit against the NCAA - WUFT News

The University of Florida must release financial aid records and related documents pertaining to all of its current student athletes – as well as all Gators from between 2016 and 2020 – as part of a potential class-action lawsuit against the NCAA and its Power Five conferences.

All of the NCAA’s 350-plus Division I schools were sent a subpoena stemming from a federal antitrust lawsuit filed in California, according to the law firm representing the plaintiffs.

Some of the litigation will be successful, as I mentioned 6-8 years ago... eventually the legal liabilities tend to catch up in a very big way on these things.

Reactions: Mightyvol
Sabans comments about funding tennis, softball, baseball & other non-revenue sports is about 10 yrs too late. Nobody gives a damn about that. Players of football & basketball want their money. ADs better figure out how to fund the other sports. SCOTUS didn’t do the institution of collegiate sports any favors.

Finebaum on SEC Now (5/19/22) regarding Jimbo’s comments: “I have friends who have written books on Nick Saban, who have talked to people back to West Virginia. I have never heard any of this before. That is what made this so astonishing.”

I find it hard to believe that Finebaum hasn’t heard rumors of Saban cheating.

FB works for Disney. Think about it.

Right now they are trying to work everyone into a frenzy for the new season hoping people don't lose interest.

NIL will spread out the talent.

Saban has cried over practically every change that’s occurred in college football. Nothing new this time.
I don’t believe the nil will spread out talent, but your second point is spot on.

I don’t for a second believe Bama didn’t line up NIL deals as part of their recruiting class, but Jimbo went off the rails quite a bit in his rant. Saban attacked the system, and more importantly, the ‘AA’s inability to control it. He didn’t attack players, and he didn’t accuse aTm or anyone of breaking laws. In fact, he said the exact opposite. That they were breaking the NCAA guidelines, but no one can do anything because it’s not against the law.

This is Saban being Saban and it’s not going to be what breaks him. Age will. That’s our only hope.

He’s a hypocrite
Hypocrites almost always tell the truth. Almost every time. Once in a great while, you'll see somebody that does the right thing and claims he's doing the wrong thing. But these people pretty much stop that by age 13 or 14.

Finebaum on SEC Now (5/19/22) regarding Jimbo’s comments: “I have friends who have written books on Nick Saban, who have talked to people back to West Virginia. I have never heard any of this before. That is what made this so astonishing.”

I didn't take the comments from JF as cheating per se - just that his methods are pretty heinous. In particular he made the comment about ask why anyone that coached for him never came back a second time.

I'm glad people are calling Saban on his holier than thou bull squeeze. Deion has been particularly entertaining.

Reactions: Godfatha

Lololololol. This guy is completely FOS! I could understand him saying this isn’t true or whatever. But saying he’s never heard rumors of Bama cheating. Fing laughable.

Sabans comments about funding tennis, softball, baseball & other non-revenue sports is about 10 yrs too late. Nobody gives a damn about that. Players of football & basketball want their money. ADs better figure out how to fund the other sports. SCOTUS didn’t do the institution of collegiate sports any favors.
Scotus just finally went ahead and did what was left open. The NCAA had decades to see this coming and head it off. But they didnt. The supreme court did what they should of and ruled correctly about the current practices of the NCAA. The supreme court didnt set up the previous bylaws of the NCAA, that was all their own fault.

Saw a great video in the style of “coach lance” pretending to be Jimbo but don’t see how to link it yet. I’m sure it’ll get found eventually.

VN Store

Back