Saban: Texas A&M 'bought every player' in their #1 class

He’s right in majority of his response.
There needs to be regulation. It won’t stop all just like it never stopped teams before but now it’s just the Wild West . I’m not sure I agree with sponsors working with universities and paying recruits.

I’m not an expert in the nuisances of NIL but IMO, it should be up to the recruit to reach out to sponsors not affiliated with the university or vice versa. Teams shouldn’t be the ones negotiating deals.

Yeah I have to back Saban here at least in what he is saying.

To me the answer is limit schools collective to a max. Or at least as a percentage of the schools body or something.

If it’s going to be pay to play then the one with the most chips is going to win. Even the NFL has salary caps so it’s not limiting player freedoms by doing so.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Yeah I have to back Saban here at least in what he is saying.

To me the answer is limit schools collective to a max. Or at least as a percentage of the schools body or something.

If it’s going to be pay to play then the one with the most chips is going to win. Even the NFL has salary caps so it’s not limiting player freedoms by doing so.

Yes, Saban is right. But I think the problem is that Saban is publicly blasting Jimbo for buying players legally, when he basically wrote the book on doing it illegally, and did it for years. So much to the point that it even bled out into Kirby and his team.

We tried it, but what we failed to realize was that if you walk into the main offices of the NCAA, there’s a giant quote plastered on the wall in the lobby that says “Rule #1: It ain’t illegal ‘till Tennessee does it”

Listen kid if you don’t love a good trailer and Walmart tuscatoothless is not for you.

Imagine going from the islands of Hawaii or a beach in California to Tuscaloosa, Alabama, just a hop skip and throw away from the Mississippi border.

Yeah, I’m sure they’re not getting paid at all.

He's 100% right about what he's saying, but it's not really relevant. This is like me saying I think everybody else should stay in the right lane. They don't care what I think. If he plans to stick to the old order, he's going to get run over.

On the other hand, I think if I'm a guy paying real money for players, and they don't play for the old school, then I might get pretty bummed out. Back when it was illegal to pay players, players were far far far cheaper. What used to be a $50,000 player is clearly now over a million. That's obvious. The expense is never-ending.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sudden Impact
I didn't listen, maybe he has a minor point. But him having anything to say about paying players is the most hypocritical load of crap possible. Say hello to Trent Richardson's new Escalade.

Also before a few other schools got the gist of NIL, wasn't little Nicky gloating about how much Bryce Young was getting? Sour grapes everyone is catching up.

Didn't Saban say he had a layer with a million dollar deal last year? Nick is FOS, his players were and have been bought for decades. GTFOH with your righteous indignation.

Jimbo unloaded publicly, rightfully so. The NCAA created an unregulated mess. If you aren't playing the game, something Bama's done better than anybody for decades, you fall behind. Saban had his hands tied, instead of going after those that tied his hands he went after the guy playing the game best at moment. Which is something Saban should understand better than anyone. Saban is a narcissist.

Saban is on point.
Good luck to your Men's Tennis Team today. We're both on the same side of the bracket this year so we can't meet for the championship but first we have to get past a strong Tennessee team to even meet y'all in the Semis. Hopefully UVA lives down to their #7 ranking.

Down to Elite 8 and it consists of the top 8 seeds.

#1 TCU vs. #8 Kentucky
#4 Ohio St vs. #5 Michigan

#3 BAYLOR vs #6 Tennessee
#2 Florida vs. #7 Virginia

Reactions: Lawrence Wright

VN Store

Back