Saban Lashes Out at A&M - Bama is a NIL Dinosaur

NIL is a lifeline to programs like Tennessee, Texas, USCw, etc. that have everything you should need to be a powerhouse program, but “slumped” at the wrong time and haven’t been able to climb out of it during the current college football landscape.

Before NIL, a kid did not have much incentive to go to a “unstable” program other than promises of change and playing time. Now, Tennessee can use that NIL as the alpha reason to come play ball at Tennessee. Eventually, we can pull ourselves out from under this.

NIL is a lifeline to programs like Tennessee, Texas, USCw, etc. that have everything you should need to be a powerhouse program, but “slumped” at the wrong time and haven’t been able to climb out of it during the current college football landscape.

Before NIL, a kid did not have much incentive to go to a “unstable” program other than promises of change and playing time. Now, Tennessee can use that NIL as the alpha reason to come play ball at Tennessee. Eventually, we can pull ourselves out from under this.
Ultimately your winners are going to be the best combination of NIL AND coaching/development. No parking better players on your bench and away from opposing programs. You’re sitting and watching others excel in front of you, go to another program that can use you on the front line and build up your brand. Many will make errors on that other program but in time the better X’s and O’s who can take care of you will shine.

Saban is about 5'7" and 150 pounds of pure hypocrisy.

It's already been mentioned in this thread that a year ago, Saban publicly boasted over Bryce Young's lucrative NIL deal. Did Texas A&M or Tennessee whine about it? Or did they just accept that as being the new landscape of recruiting and decide to join in?

I didn't say he wasn't a hypocrite. I'm just saying I agree with what he said. Regardless of who the messenger is, I agree with the message.

I have learned watching Saban over the yrs if there was an NCAA rule he was lobbying against it was because it was hurting his team and rather than adjust he would just get the rule changed. Glad to see this is causing him problems and hopefully he can't get this changed. But wouldn't bet against him.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
I have learned watching Saban over the yrs if there was an NCAA rule he was lobbying against it was because it was hurting his team and rather than adjust he would just get the rule changed. Glad to see this is causing him problems and hopefully he can't get this changed. But wouldn't bet against him.
Like when he tried to get the no-huddle banned under the sham auspice of “player safety”? That one turtled up on him and he turned tail. This one has potential for way worse shrapnel, being that he publicly called out individual programs. His SEC protectors kept their distance then and aren’t in sight today. This is overplaying your hand in liquid form! I think he ruined any chances on what was previously a Hail Mary at best. When JIMBO FISHER can bring sanctimonious fire and brimstone on you, your friends (or pawns) are going to be ghosting.

VN Store

Back