Saban Lashes Out at A&M - Bama is a NIL Dinosaur

Saban doesn’t like anything that’s a threat to his program.

He’s shown his true colors as a person and it’s pathetic.

Sankey won’t be able to turn a blind eye anymore thanks to NIL.

He's just mad because what he has been doing under the table for years is now legal and all schools are doing it.
Do you trust him??? Last year he was bragging about his red shirt QB have a Million $ deal. He was one of the first users and abusers of the NIL. He has cheated every where he has coached and does any excellent job doing it, and he is doing it. His little man syndrome has made him a wealthy man.

He’s like your slightly racist grandpa who never gets grief because there’s no real hate behind it. Then they put a microphone in front of him! 😳

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Saban doesn’t like anything that’s a threat to his program.

He’s shown his true colors as a person and it’s pathetic.

Sankey won’t be able to turn a blind eye anymore thanks to NIL.

Ole cheating Nicky just realizing the playing field is now level- Seems his Alumni buddies and Skanky in SEC office can't bail him out.

Good news for us that Saban's not adjusting to the new NIL landscape. Old dogs and new tricks, I guess.

Per USA Today:

"...Saban said Alabama didn't offer NIL deals to its recruits.

"We were second in recruiting last year," he said. "A&M was first. A&M bought every player on their team. Made a deal for name, image and likeness. We didn’t buy one player. But I don’t know if we’re going to be able to sustain that in the future because more and more people are doing it."

View attachment 456387

View attachment 456388

Bad takes are your specialty aren't they? Alabama is historically slow under Saban in recruiting. This isn't new.

I will take a guess at that one...

As a state, Alabama doesn't have much money. Huntsville is the one spot with a high standard of living. The lower half of Bama is mostly poor...Montgomery, Mobile, etc. Just a guess...?

So are you saying better educated and wealthier people are more likely to be Tennessee fans? JK

I did see where Huntsville is now the largest city in Alabama and just got voted the best city to live in by US News and World Reports.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
So are you saying better educated and wealthier people are more likely to be Tennessee fans? JK

I did see where Huntsville is now the largest city in Alabama and just got voted the best city to live in by US News and World Reports.

I really don't know what the OP was saying. Just took a guess at it.

But, I do like your answer!

Reactions: CDB
I will take a guess at that one...

As a state, Alabama doesn't have much money. Huntsville is the one spot with a high standard of living. The lower half of Bama is mostly poor...Montgomery, Mobile, etc. Just a guess...?
You have Mountain Brook in Birmingham, but it's one neighborhood. There are five or six mountain brook equivalents in Nashville area alone. Auburn people won't help Bama buy players. It really comes down to how much skin are the far flung bandwagon Bama fans willing to put into the game?

You have Mountain Brook in Birmingham, but it's one neighborhood. There are five or six mountain brook equivalents in Nashville area alone. Auburn people won't help Bama buy players. It really comes down to how much skin are the far flung bandwagon Bama fans willing to put into the game?

I am always amazed to hear that Tennessean has eleven billionaires.

Alabama has zero.

Wouldn't this be considered slander unless Saban has proof?
I don't think it is Slander, but I do believe Saban is digging his own grave.
Last I saw Alabama State Legislature did not have NIL legislation on the books or proposed.
I maybe wrong but if they do it is just now coming to the forefront. They had rescinded some of the issues regarding the pay for play and booster involvement.
The previous legislation was because I believe they thought Auburn was the threat.

I believe that Saban is rattling the Cage to get the State Legislature to move quickly back into NIL while trying to slow down the competition.
IMO this is why he is so wishy washy on NIL and once legislation gets in place he will be 100% on board.
Saban has lost his Leverage in the recruiting world and can't catch the wave until the State acts and He knows it.
Funny how this works but yelling the Sky is Falling when it isn't is just a ploy to catch up....

AL had NIL laws but repelled it. This was probably the worry of Auburn and State infighting.

Alabama House approves repeal of state's NIL law for student athletes

Last edited:
Look, I'm not going to pretend like I'm not happy that NIL is helping CJH rebuild our roster much, MUCH faster than it would've been otherwise. Having said that, I agree with everything Saban is saying here. This really isn't what NIL was supposed to be. Saban described the original intent of NIL perfectly. It's amazing just how quickly it's been perverted.
Saban is about 5'7" and 150 pounds of pure hypocrisy.

It's already been mentioned in this thread that a year ago, Saban publicly boasted over Bryce Young's lucrative NIL deal. Did Texas A&M or Tennessee whine about it? Or did they just accept that as being the new landscape of recruiting and decide to join in?

VN Store

Back