Saban just hired James Willis, Auburn LB coach...

eh i wouldn't worry about Saban and his royal subjects, if i know Bama like i think i do, its only a matter of time until Probation U lives up to its name becuz i got my suspicions about that quick turnaround theyve had.:dance2:

See what I cant wait for is the day when Saban takes his sh*t eating a$$ and walks out of Alabama for another team who will pay him more money. Then all the Alabama fans are not going to have a leg to stand on. Or they will probably live off Saban like they did Bryant for another 20 years.

Then they will spend another 5 years hiring and firing coaches until they find another good coach and throw the penny bank at him like they did Saban.
Tennessee single handedly put together one of the best coaching staffs in the country and we did it in less than 2 months. So to me I think the real hate from the Alabama fans is that we dont mess sh*t up like they do. We do it right the first time!

I'm with you on that. There's nothing they have to say that we can't live without.

it adds to the board to have differing opinions (this isn't Tidefans). The only problem I have is the OP spamming the Vol main board with all his bammer man-love for saban. Learn the proper forum

See what I cant wait for is the day when Saban takes his sh*t eating a$$ and walks out of Alabama for another team who will pay him more money. Then all the Alabama fans are not going to have a leg to stand on. Or they will probably live off Saban like they did Bryant for another 20 years.

Then they will spend another 5 years hiring and firing coaches until they find another good coach and throw the penny bank at him like they did Saban.
Tennessee single handedly put together one of the best coaching staffs in the country and we did it in less than 2 months. So to me I think the real hate from the Alabama fans is that we dont mess sh*t up like they do. We do it right the first time!"

Not only is the jury still out on your comment, court is not even in session yet. Time will tell if we "did it right the first time". Clock begins officially ticking on 2/4.

What am I missing here? James Willis has been at Auburn for two years and before that basically no experience to speak of. What makes Bama fans think he is so great? Auburn hasn't set the world on fire the past two years and there wasn't anything special about there linebacker play last year. Seems to me that Bama fans like the hire simply because he was at Auburn instead of actually looking at his credentials. Maybe he is a great recruiter but I certainly can't see anyone compare resume's between CLT with CJW and think that this is an upgrade for Bama.

What am I missing here? James Willis has been at Auburn for two years and before that basically no experience to speak of. What makes Bama fans think he is so great? Auburn hasn't set the world on fire the past two years and there wasn't anything special about there linebacker play last year. Seems to me that Bama fans like the hire simply because he was at Auburn instead of actually looking at his credentials. Maybe he is a great recruiter but I certainly can't see anyone compare resume's between CLT with CJW and think that this is an upgrade for Bama.

so much for building family withing the program!

recruits and parents know the real deal.. cut throat business happens, but if players and parents think this will continue year after year, it doesn't bode well in the long run...

Personally, i think a lot of Asst. coaches want to experience working with saban, get that on their resume and head out of dodge!

Willis is top shelf....at least according to lots of LSU fans...we wanted to steal him 8 weeks ago

CJW may be top shelf I don't know but what does LSU fans got to do with it? I don't remember ever hearing that we were trying to "steal" him but I may have just missed it. Regardless I am sure Alabama fans will think he is great just because he came from Auburn.

First off, I will start by saying that I am impressed with the coaches CLK has assembled. But to say that "Saban is getting nothing more than the scraps/leftovers is quite ridiculous. There are excellent coaches throughout the SEC and besides Bama put him on the map after last years recruiting class. Yes he has always been a good coach but it took exposure at Alabama (with the help of Saban) to make him a top recruiter.

From one viewpoint, one could conclude that UT is getting Alabama's sloppy seconds and paying double for it.

As for Alabama, we have reloaded with the hire of Willis and Sunseri. I look forward to the game this year in Tuscaloosa. Best of luck until then.....Roll Tide Roll.

Dude go read the crap nearly ALL of the fans on your message boards write. The majority directly contradict themselves and form no rational opinions EVER. I'm pretty sure the comment about sloppy seconds was meant as a joke and a dig at Bama (who we all hate). So please don't come over here and act like you are rational or don't say things meant to be truth that are in fact ridiculous and baseless. Thank you troll...

Saban also just offered Tana Patrick's girlfriend a scholarship..

Yeah that crap is shady as hell. That's something that should be watched out for in my opinion. He gets around it by calling it the "Saban Foundation Scholarship." I'm assuming it consists of private donations made by him and maybe some other boosters.
Just another creative way to cheat like a mofo..

Posted January 22, 2009 08:34 AM
The truth behind Willis
AUZamboMember
879 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Posted: Today 6:56 AM
The truth behind Willis

????????????????????????????????????????

For 3 of the 8 years I lived in Auburn I was a member of a church that was also attended by a couple of people who worked in the athletic department. I was part of a morning Bible study with one of these people and formed a close friendship with him. I also lived next door to and still keep in touch with a former student manager on the team. Those are my sources, and here is what went down.

We’re all aware that Saban is a very sneaky recruiter, doing ANYTHING needed to land top recruits to build the program at The University of Alabama. He’s also very smart and knows how to hide evidence of his doings from lurkers. Since his hire Auburn has been trying to uncover enough evidence to turn him into the NCAA. So far all efforts have been unsuccessful.

Last week ole nicky called Jay Jacobs and requested permission to talk to Willis to fill empty spots on his staff…and Jacobs immediately saw this as his chance. Willis is not going to Bama to further his career, but to spy on the program. We now have one of our own on the inside over there. With current espionage technology, Willis will have both video and audio evidence of Saban’s going ons.

He has 2 weeks to gather the information. After which Auburn will spend a week or so summarizing the evidence to make a case to the NCAA.
Contrary to popular belief the LOI should arrive in 5-7 weeks (not 3) if all goes according to plan.

VN Store

Back