Saban has Covid

she is part of the problem too
The headline is beyond is beyond fear mongering and just a flat out lie. To my knowledge Nick Saban is asymptotic, falls into the high risk category due to his age, and will most likely make a speedy recovery. It’s pathetic how far the USA Today Sports page has fallen when you have your most high profile “journalists” almost cheering on the virus to shutdown college football every time they are given a positive test result.

The headline is beyond is beyond fear mongering and just a flat out lie. To my knowledge Nick Saban is asymptotic, falls into the high risk category due to his age, and will most likely make a speedy recovery. It’s pathetic how far the USA Today Sports page has fallen when you have your most high profile “journalists” almost cheering on the virus to shutdown college football every time they are given a positive test result.
"...as Nick Saban and the SEC find an opponent they can't beat."

So Saban, and any player who catches COVID, is going to die? Give me an effing break.

"...as Nick Saban and the SEC find an opponent they can't beat."

So Saban, and any player who catches COVID, is going to die? Give me an effing break.
I’ve never bought into her garbage. I don’t know how anyone can take her seriously after her Big Ten take a few weeks ago. For whatever reason that entire site/ Newspaper is off the rails . She and Wolken are just a joke. He’s a special kind of joke though.

Reactions: 508mikey
I’ve never bought into her garbage. I don’t know how anyone can take her seriously after her Big Ten take a few weeks ago. For whatever reason that entire site/ Newspaper is off the rails . She and Wolken are just a joke. He’s a special kind of joke though.
Assuming that her columns are an accurate reflection of her general disposition (which they might not be), I can't imagine being so miserable. It's got to be hard to get out of bed in the morning.

Assuming that her columns are an accurate reflection of her general disposition (which they might not be), I can't imagine being so miserable. It's got to be hard to get out of bed in the morning.
Very true. I don’t have a problem with questioning things even when I disagree with her premise, but it’s her self righteousness and the “see I told you so” attitude that is so miserable. She’s rather be right and have sports, the economy, the World shutdown than be wrong and have life get back to some normalcy.

Reactions: 508mikey
Very true. I don’t have a problem with questioning things even when I disagree with her premise, but it’s her self righteousness and the “see I told you so” attitude that is so miserable. She’s rather be right and have sports, the economy, the World shutdown than be wrong and have life get back to some normalcy.
It's a business decision to cover all their bases. Wolken wrote columns for weeks about how seasons were going to be cancelled and how stupid it would be to play sports, not just college football but also the NBA's bubble idea:

NBA and coronavirus: Bursting idea of playing season in a bubble

If sports ended up being played as they have, most people (not Vol Twitter, but most people) would forget about those columns and he would move on to talking about the games. If sports ended up getting cancelled, then he'd have months of smug "I told you so" columns, which is what I think he'd actually prefer writing anyway. No matter what happened, he'd have stuff to write about.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
It's a business decision to cover all their bases. Wolken wrote columns for weeks about how seasons were going to be cancelled and how stupid it would be to play sports, not just college football but also the NBA's bubble idea:

NBA and coronavirus: Bursting idea of playing season in a bubble

If sports ended up being played as they have, most people (not Vol Twitter, but most people) would forget about those columns and he would move on to talking about the games. If sports ended up getting cancelled, then he'd have months of smug "I told you so" columns, which is what I think he'd actually prefer writing anyway. No matter what happened, he'd have stuff to write about.
Very true. Although, as much as I hate to see people struggle during these times, I didn’t exactly shed a tear when Wolken got furloughed for a couple of weeks. I don’t think that guy has any credibility talking out both sides of his mouth. He comes across as a smarmy little clown who probably didn’t have many friends growing up.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Very true. Although, as much as I hate to see people struggle during these times, I didn’t exactly shed a tear when Wolken got furloughed for a couple of weeks. I don’t think that guy has any credibility talking out both sides of his mouth. He comes across as a smarmy little clown who probably didn’t have many friends growing up.
People who go into media typically have unique personalities. People in media, by definition, have a job where they get to tell people what happened, or they get to give an opinion to a large audience. It's a position of de facto authority, and many of them over time think they are experts in whatever subjects they are reporting on, even if they have no direct experience in it themselves.

Just by its nature, the profession attracts the "I was into this before it was popular," "I told you so," or "I'm too cool for school" types - they like to be up on the hill, overlooking the rube masses, telling them what happened or offering the "correct" way to interpret or look at something. They have that kind of personality to begin with, so they are drawn to a profession that they think will give them a chance to do that.

VN Store

Back