S&C Staff?

Just shows that fans of the same team can see totally different things because I saw a team that was physically weak and was pushed all over the field at nearly every position. We might have been in good shape conditioning wise but we didn’t appear to have the strength part.

That was my observation as well, looked much weaker this past season than the one before. When we lost our s&c coach we had a huge drop off in strength

We got pushed around pretty bad last year. Our players were gassed too.

When your offense is inept and continually goes 3 n out, your defense eventually looks gassed and pushed around because you are gassed and getting pushed around while the offensive guys haven't broken a sweat yet. Go back to last year's Georgia game and that goal line stand on 4th and goal to go just before half time to take a lead. We weren't gassed and getting pushed around that first half. Our offense screwed the pooch the whole second half and yes our defense began to be gassed and pushed around a lot. The rest of the season pretty much followed that formula as you see the defense lay down early as the offense was incompetent from the start.

From your boy Rock Gullickson? Better than that, of course. Not second highest S&C salary level better. That’s with 2 FULL NORMAL offseasons. Will revisit Artis after a non-freakish outlier off season. Fitz was way hyped.

Dude why do you keep bringing up Rock every time I mention something about a S&C coach? You dumb schtick is old.

Dude why do you keep bringing up Rock every time I mention something about a S&C coach? You dumb schtick is old.
It wasn’t schtick...it was your TAKE. He was S&C for Butch’s final season and everyone became morbidly obese! When Pruitt announced Fitz, you felt it was “unfair because Rock NEVER GOT A CHANCE.” Now Fitz is the chosen one that no one should ever dare replace. Own your own, friendo!

Reactions: Behr and volfan8
Pruitt didn’t look for a strength coach after Fitz left. Look at Artis’ resume then go look at all the other SEC strength coach resumes. I’m sure he’s a “good dude” but.. this isn’t a position you just promote someone at usually at a place like Tennessee.

I watch Clemson and Alabama’s S&C videos and then our little video snips.. They are on ANOTHER LEVEL! And it shows !

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I feel like I read somewhere that S&C coach was very important because they were the most involved as a mentor and leader with the athletes in the offseason.

Reactions: volfan8
Got shoved around by Georgia State. Most of the game we didn’t belong on the same field as Kentucky. Fitz prolly spent much of the season putting out feelers to get a raise. Overrated hack!
I am not so sure our conditioning was that bad over the last 3 years. I think the reason people think that is that our boys were so badly coached that they were always out of position and thus, easy to push around. I will say this tho, with the defensive hell that is coming for this team the coaches had better do a good job in getting them fit for the upcoming season

Got shoved around by Georgia State. Most of the game we didn’t belong on the same field as Kentucky. Fitz prolly spent much of the season putting out feelers to get a raise. Overrated hack!
I'm assuming you meant Kentucky this past season, the year we got absolutely embarrassed by GA State we beat Kentucky, now last year we got ran off the field by the Wildcats which should never happen

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Sorry I asked. I don't honestly care about the name plate on the office door... I want to see a team that's physically read to play.

IMHO, Jones philosophy that dictated certain S&C areas of focus resulted in too many guys getting hurt. I think the S&C was better under Pruitt because Pruitt didn't attempt to be novel. His S&C philosophy aligned with everyone else in the SEC.

I'm assuming you meant Kentucky this past season, the year we got absolutely embarrassed by GA State we beat Kentucky, now last year we got ran off the field by the Wildcats which should never happen
No...this past season was obvious. The previous season we won...eventually! Both lines shoved us around deep in the game.

A good S&C guy can give a HC anything he says he needs for his philosophy and scheme to work.

You guys seem to be blaming S&C for the fact that Fulmer and Pruitt wanted to play a style of power football that works for very, very few these days. The scheme pretty much demanded that the OL be dominant on every play... which just isn't realistic in this era of football.
When Fuller had Stuckey, we were the strongest team in college football. How I wish we had some from hid coaching tree here for the last 15 years. I realize, we had one for one year but he was swept away with one of the coaching changes.

We got pushed around pretty bad last year. Our players were gassed too.
Yup. Couldn’t get off blocks, break tackles, couldn’t get to the QB or protect the QB, get separation from DBs, we would get beat in the second half, list goes on.

I couldn't help but notice the same thing in particular on the left side, (Morris, Smith). Morris simply didn't get much practice in due to covid and Smith pretty well held his own but lost some of his aggressiveness, imo. He really got it laid on him against TA&M and as a result may not be a 1st rounder in the draft. All said, my feelings are it's a combination of poor coaching, (Friend ), along with time away from the weight room. Our OLine was highly rated pre-season but for whatever reason it surely didn't pan out that way by seasons end.
🤔TRUE!

In 2019 this team played with physicality. Loved seeing them drive Bama downfield at will. The goal line stand against KY and a few other plays stick out. Last year, this team looked weaker not only physically, but mentally.

VN Store

Back