Ryan Thaxton Arrested..

I have a daughter and would be happy if she chooses to go to Tennessee when the time comes. It's a wonderful school. My sister-in-law graduated from there and now teaches there. And one of my best friends also works there.

Good for you Kristy. But that really had nothing to do with the point I was making.

Link?

It may or may not be true, but this article is based on Shaun King's statistics. And he's about as slanted and shady as a "reporter" can be. I would take it with a grain of salt. I seriously doubt that 40% of people in police households experience domestic abuse.

I said "pretty sure".

But just google...........

QDYNC3m.gif

Good for you Kristy. But that really had nothing to do with the point I was making.

Just following along in the conversation. Their fictitious daughters are too good to go to Tennessee or date football players. I, on the other hand, would fully support my real daughter, who I love with my whole being, going to a great university. Thought it was okay to weigh in on the debate.

Reactions: 10 people
I think some of y'all need to follow Old Row, 5th year, or some of the other college sites on Instagram to see just how crazy the sorority/Fraternity scene is these days. I'm only 8 years removed from College and it is like the Common sense level has dropped 50 points since I left. Adults can point fingers all day long, but if a parent doesn't teach accountability on all accounts stuff like this will happen. In this case, if the chick wanted to go he should have let her ass walk and not worried about her. He wouldn't have gotten arrested and things would have been fine. If he really is a "monster" as some of you numbskulls would say he is then WHY was she hanging around him to begin with? What was her motive? My generation is doomed because to many parents soft patted jimmy and johnny on the ass when they were wrong and rewarded them with trophies when they took out the trash. The females in my generation is just as bad as they think everything should have a happy ending, and are willing to give up freedoms in order for everything to be all bubbles and bull****. Not saying I just had the toughest upbringing, and I made/make mistakes now, but I was raised on a produce farm so I had an advantage in life a lot of these suburbanites and urban folks didn't. The problem is not football. The problem is the liberality that people believe in while raising the kids to be adults.. Adults should not have video game addictions.. The wussfactor is strong these days hence why many can't handle tough talk and hard honest truth. They would rather whisk it away with a feather boa and sprinkle "Good Vibes". What a crock of ****. If your offended, then you have probably committed these atrocities on society.

Reactions: 10 people
Wifey has the "copy cat" recipe......we enjoy every year when it is Plant City harvest time.....

As requested.......It is very simple.....

Frozen pie crust cooked as directed
cool to room temp
1 pint fresh strawberries - hulled and sliced to desired size
bring 1 cup of water to boil
add 1 cup sugar
add 1 box strawberry jello
stir till desolved
add 1/4 cup cold water with 1 heaping tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in it
cook on stove top at low setting until mixture is thick
let cool
stir in strawberries
pour into pie crust
refrigerate over night
serve with Cool Whip or Cream

You Are Welcome VN!!

Reactions: 4 people
84 3 star committed to the old regime. If he's not out of here already, it wont take more than a smelly fart in the locker room to get him the rest of the way gone.

Reactions: 2 people
Reactions: 3 people
Link?

It may or may not be true, but this article is based on Shaun King's statistics. And he's about as slanted and shady as a "reporter" can be. I would take it with a grain of salt. I seriously doubt that 40% of people in police households experience domestic abuse.

Ok. No Shaun King.

http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/virtual_disk_library/index.cgi/4951188/FID707/Root/New/030PG297.PDF

One Group Has a Higher Domestic Violence Rate Than Everyone Else — And It's Not the NFL

Police Have a Much Bigger Domestic-Abuse Problem Than the NFL Does - The Atlantic

IN THE NEWS - Correlation Between Occupation and Domestic Violence Found

If my daughter had the necessary academic ability, I would encourage such a daughter to attend a university that does not have a football program and I would not help her financially with her choice if she ignored me. I went to a top tier, extremely diverse school for my most advanced degree that will lose their largest endowment if they ever institute a football program.

Huh? I thought Faber had football.

I didn't ignore what you said, I made specific reference to you mentioning those two incidents (Penn St and Baylor).

How many cases happen that no one hears about because there is no reason for the media to cover it? I can tell you, it's many more than two.

Cops were brought up because they have a higher rate of domestic violence than football players. Yet you choose to think football players are more dangerous than the average person.

The reality is, they just get more clicks, therefore more media outlets cover those incidents.

SSSHHHHH! Don't confuse or provoke this or people like this with facts. However, they still like football. That's their saving grace, I suppose. Yet never, ever, present facts that contradict alternate facts they prerfer to believe no matter how false that belief is.

All the above aside, I think too many young men today are tainted. Lack of consistent parenting, video games that literally teach kids what we claim to not want to see in them. Movie, TV, and social media that encourage violent and dishonest tactics to get what's wanted or even achieved. This permeats the entire socio-religio-economic strata. However, the prevailing attitude of the same is that this applies to anyone but them and others like them. So you get these folks who feel privileged. And that includes football players. I always hate it when it pops up with our Vols athletes but know we aren't excluded or immune to it in a society that promotes it despite denying it. All any university can do is refuse, and I do mean refuse to tolerate violence of any kind, especially against its female population. Act swiftly when attacks are proven to remove offenders' presence on campus or any property held by the university. Become known as a place that violence inclined students and employees simply don't want to be and is best avoided.

As for those who insist on ducking the of officers as leading domestic abusers, I think here are two reliable sources beyond mere opinion. Darnit!!!! Just contradicted myself by presenting facts. Oh well.

1. National Center For Women and Policing

2. http://www.theiacp.org/model-policy/model_policy/domestic-violence-by-police-officers/

Last edited:
"sounds like it might get dismissed by some of the things I'm hearing"

-Price

Regardless, Thaxton needs to get himself under control. You don't fight with women these days. If they go crazy (which they do) you leave or tell them to leave. I realize it's easier said than done but it's not worth running your life and that's what this type thing has turned into for men.

If my daughter had the necessary academic ability, I would encourage such a daughter to attend a university that does not have a football program and I would not help her financially with her choice if she ignored me. I went to a top tier, extremely diverse school for my most advanced degree that will lose their largest endowment if they ever institute a football program.

Why are you here?

You should ask for your money back from this 'top tier' school...

smh...

Reactions: 1 person
JMO...any man who strikes a woman for any reason is not a man at all ...end of story...

That's a nice thought until you're facing one with a gun or knife intent on erasing you. The problem with your statement is it's absolutionist. Which is never a good idea due to human fallacy among other factors. Women can be all but literal angels on Earth. But there's also some who are as evil intended as the worst of men. Bonnie, Clyde's gal. Kristen Gilbert, Nannie Doss, Belle Gunness, Francisca Ballesteros, Lavinia Fisher, Elfriede Blauensteiner, and Carol Bundy. Even cops pull the trigger in such clear and present danger cases. I would say in any situation where your life is not in danger, a man has no business hitting a woman. Often in such cases, the best action is to exit the premises, legally obtain what's yours, leave and never return. Women say once an abuser (or cheater) always an abuser. So get out while the getting is good. Men should adopt this same attitude despite the double standard imposed on us.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back