Rutgers 2020 QB?

I implied that making public statements regarding possibly leaving the team when your play has not inspired undying loyalty is possibly unwise and reason for the reaction you are seeing. I did not imply anything of the sort that you have suggested. I do not root for UT by the way. I am merely a curious observer on occasion. I am not invested to the point I could ever be considered a hater.
IF that’s what he was what he was doing. Room for interpretation. Kongbo tweeted something before his junior season and it turned out to be a FIFA video game reference.

I think JG gets killed at Rutgers against Mich, MichSt, PennSt, and THE ohio st. He would also probably be their highest rated player by far.

Reactions: 08Vol
I have a feeling he’s not talking about playing somewhere else for free next year.

You may be right... but why in the world would you not want JG on the roster if for no other reason than depth?

i always worry about team chemistry when th3 starting QB gets beat out...he’s more than just the QB - he’s a team leader and returning senior...if he’s not gonna be the starter I think the team is better off with him transferring...

Who is already better???

I totally understand the frustration with JG, but the hate for him has reached the level of a complex for a significant contingent of our fan base.

To the point where people legitimately think a guy that threw three balls against Indiana, two of which were dropped interceptions, is actually our best option at quarterback.

Please let this be so

I hope not. While we all want one of the young guys to win the #1 spot, it is always nice to have a really experienced backup if needed. And JG seemingly performs better coming off the bench. If he goes, then I wish him all the best, as he played a large role in UT winning 7 of the last 8, but I hope he hangs around.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I won’t go that far, but I do think it’s a really bad look to be so willing to just discard a player.

Maybe scumbag is extreme but man how can you feel that way about a player that's given his all for this program? I get it, he's hindered us in a lot of games, but he's also helped us win as many games as we did. I hope JG does what he thinks is best for him, it's that simple.

JG has had a different OC every year. Transferring makes no sense, because it would just continue that trend. Go pro...or stay and see if he can be consistent in Chaney’s system.
On another note, we saw JG’s family after the game. His dad seemed to be a wreck. I could tell that it was a tough night for him as well.
I personally want him to stay, like it or not, he is our best option. Laughable to say HB is better before he has his first practice.

I’d say he was our best option on the roster this year given experience he had and lack of experience the others had.

Don’t think the separation is there now that the experience issue is only an issue for Bailey

I don't see anyone under JG, that will do better at this point. Maurer forces too many passes, Strout has a wild arm, Hill already has had two ACL and he was supposed to be a running QB. If JG leaves we need a real good grad transfer because you don't want to rely solely on Bailey making that huge leap to starter and then stay healthy an entire season.

You may be right... but why in the world would you not want JG on the roster if for no other reason than depth?

Because all of the qb on the roster are better than jg. 148 yds per game and I think 1.2 td. So what if the others may throw more int. they will score a lot more, and more than enough to make up for it.

I don't see anyone under JG, that will do better at this point. Maurer forces too many passes, Strout has a wild arm, Hill already has had two ACL and he was supposed to be a running QB. If JG leaves we need a real good grad transfer because you don't want to rely solely on Bailey making that huge leap to starter and then stay healthy an entire season.

I believe we have some very good qb on the roster now, we don't need another transfer at qb

Wouldn't be so sure on the coaches part. Remember the whole death threat thing? Pruitt said UT was going to be looking into it and investigating it, notice how no one ever heard another word about it? This is all theory of course but the whole thing was odd

For UT, it is a no win situation either way so I don't see them commenting on this. I think they have handled it well, in terms of letting it become more private in nature. You need to stop trying to invent a conspiracy where one more than likely doesn't exist.

Reactions: BloomuVol
I totally understand the frustration with JG, but the hate for him has reached the level of a complex for a significant contingent of our fan base.

To the point where people legitimately think a guy that threw three balls against Indiana, two of which were dropped interceptions, is actually our best option at quarterback.
I don't think many in the fan base hate him but hate that he hasn't progressed as hoped. I think there are a lot of fans like myself who are ready to take the next step at QB. With JG at the helm again next year, its likely more of the same as this year. And if that's the case, why not take the good with the bad as you build up your young QBs. Therefore, might be in the best interest of all if he were to transfer

VN Store

Back