Russia says 60 dead, 145 injured in concert hall raid; Islamic State group claims responsibility

So the excuse that the US couldn't be trusted goes out the window if their own ally gave them a heads up as well. Damn Russia is stupid

The attack was planned for an earlier date when there were political officials in attendance but was called off due to heavy security.

The US didnt follow proper channels nor did they share actual intel (all of which Russia did before the Boston Marathon attack).

General terror warnings arent worth much, especially when you are at war and Ukraine has been carrying out terror attacks frequently.
How do we know the US didn't use proper channels?

Reactions: BeardedVol
U.S. Intelligence Warning to Moscow Named Specific Target of Attack

The U.S. warning to Russia before a terrorist attack near Moscow was highly specific: Crocus City Hall was a potential target of the Islamic State group, according to U.S. officials.

Armed with that information, the United States has been able to warn both Russia and Iran, erstwhile adversaries, about specific targets the Islamic State group was planning to hit. But in both cases the warnings were not heeded, at least not enough to stop the violence

This is the latest update from the New York Times
If accurate, it appears that someone dropped the ball

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusluvsvols

The U.S. warning to Russia before a terrorist attack near Moscow was highly specific: Crocus City Hall was a potential target of the Islamic State group, according to U.S. officials.

Armed with that information, the United States has been able to warn both Russia and Iran, erstwhile adversaries, about specific targets the Islamic State group was planning to hit. But in both cases the warnings were not heeded, at least not enough to stop the violence

@volgr hey Larry I’d really hate you to miss this SPECIFIC info the US provided your orc homies on the attack. Oh and the Persians warned them also, so about “it wasn’t a formal warning, wasn’t specific, blah blah blah” you’re FOS as usual.

It seems more and more like Russia wanted the attack to happen and use it to rally waning support for the war........or galvanize them for something else to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: jp1 and LouderVol

It seems like someone who writes for the NYT, or an editor there, would know what erstwhile means,

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
The US didnt follow proper channels nor did they share actual intel (all of which Russia did before the Boston Marathon attack).

General terror warnings arent worth much, especially when you are at war and Ukraine has been carrying out terror attacks frequently.

What are the "proper channels" that you're sure the US didn't use, and is that why you believe that it wasn't a Formal Warning™, and as such, was correctly disregarded by Russian officials?

What are the "proper channels" that you're sure the US didn't use, and is that why you believe that it wasn't a Formal Warning™, and as such, was correctly disregarded by Russian officials?
I love the implication that Russia is some type of mega-bureaucracy that can't be expected to respond to anything unless you completely fill out Form TR.34.x.USA in triplicate and have it notarized.

Imagine ducking responsibilities and hiding behind your bureaucracy. "Yeah we couldn't protect our citizens because the American's didn't fill out the proper paperwork when submitting their warning."

I love the implication that Russia is some type of mega-bureaucracy that can't be expected to respond to anything unless you completely fill out Form TR.34.x.USA in triplicate and have it notarized.

Imagine ducking responsibilities and hiding behind your bureaucracy. "Yeah we couldn't protect our citizens because the American's didn't fill out the proper paperwork when submitting their warning."

Our federal government would absolutely use an excuse like that.

Everyone knows that you can disregard terrorism warnings if they aren't filed in a TPS report.

739b30d083cd8393216f40e017e9c3c71750ae5d.gifv

"Hey volgr... something bad is going to happen to you within the next 48 hours. I advise you to not go to any markets or large gatherings..."

Am I doing it right?

Last edited:
"Hey volgr... something bad is going to happen to you within the next 48 hours. I advise you to not go to any markets or large gatherings..."

Am I doing it right?

It wouldnt even be that direct. It would be your buddy's buddy to your trashman writing a warning note to me in crayon. But hey, "we warned them" (of an attack that was supposed to happen before the election, that didnt).

It wouldnt even be that direct. It would be your buddy's buddy to your trashman writing a warning note to me in crayon. But hey, "we warned them" (of an attack that was supposed to happen before the election, that didnt).

Is this the narrative that you've fabricated for yourself to maintain the extraordinary levels of cognitive dissonance required to believe Putin on this issue?

so what, unless Biden directly calls Putin with a full break down of the attack, it wasn't enough?

and for you to keep saying we didn't give Putin enough information through the proper channels, you know more about it than the Russians did.

you know when the attack was supposed to happen, you know where the attack was supposed to happen, who is supposedly behind it, you know exactly all the various communications that happened and in what forms and forums it took place. you apparently know all of that because America made the warning in a public enough way for the information to be readily available.

that all sounds like enough information to stop an attack. or at least be prepared for it. If that level of information isn't good enough I am not sure why/how more information or the same through another method would have been satisfactory.

VN Store

Back