Rush Limbaugh has passed

"We love people. When we look out over the United States of America, when we are anywhere, when we see a group of people, such as this or anywhere, we see Americans. We see human beings. We don't see groups. We don't see victims. We don't see people we want to exploit. What we see -- what we see is potential. We do not look out across the country and see the average American, the person that makes this country work. We do not see that person with contempt. We don't think that person doesn't have what it takes. We believe that person can be the best he or she wants to be if certain things are just removed from their path like onerous taxes, regulations and too much government," Limbaugh told the crowd.

"We want every American to be the best he or she chooses to be. We recognize that we are all individuals. We love and revere our founding documents, the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence," he continued. "We believe that the preamble to the Constitution contains an inarguable truth that we are all endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, among them life, liberty, Freedom and the pursuit of happiness."

The voice and perspective that Rush brought will be missed dearly and he will absolutely never be replaced. He always said what he felt from the heart and unlike so many in the media he has never changed his narrative. RIP Rush.

Reactions: NEO
The voice and perspective that Rush brought will be missed dearly and he will absolutely never be replaced. He always said what he felt from the heart and unlike so many in the media he has never changed his narrative. RIP Rush.

Huh?

GettyImages-1204091992-640x480.jpg

Talk Radio Legend Rush Limbaugh Dies at 70

The Era of Limbaugh

Rush-Limbaugh-736x490.jpg

Editor's Note: This post was originally published on Feb. 7, 2020. The Washington Free Beacon is reposting on the occasion of his death Feb. 17, 2021.

Florida governor Ron DeSantis spoke to Rush Limbaugh last fall at a gala dinner for the National Review Institute. The radio host was there to receive the William F. Buckley Jr. award. "He actually gave me one of the greatest compliments I've ever had," Limbaugh told his audience the next day. "He listed five great conservatives and put me in the list." DeSantis's pantheon: William F. Buckley Jr., Ronald Reagan, Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas, and Limbaugh.

Good list. No media figure since Buckley has had a more lasting influence on American conservatism than Limbaugh, whose cumulative weekly audience is more than 20 million people. Since national syndication in 1988, Limbaugh has been the voice of conservatism, his three-hour program blending news, politics, and entertainment in a powerful and polarizing cocktail. His shocking announcement this week that he has advanced lung cancer, and his appearance at the State of the Union, where President Trump awarded him the Presidential Medal of Freedom, are occasions to reflect on his impact.

The Era of Limbaugh

Reactions: StarRaider
I lost interest in him over time. But I can never hear the bass line from, My City Was Gone, by the Pretenders, without thinking of his show.

My parents listened to him every day. My Mom would tape his show and subject me to it while driving me around for baseball tournaments. I learned a lot, both good and bad, and like you, I moved on*. I'll forever be grateful to him for introducing me to Walter Williams.

*Honestly, I don't think anybody should have any one person in their head like that for very long.

Reactions: Vol8188 and McDad

VN Store

Back