Running Backs Update

I don't know that he mad people forget about losing Lewis. The Cheese was awesome and an absolute punisher, but I don't think he was feared in the same way Jamaal was. He has a hammer. Jamaal was a 2000 yard back in the NFL that could run over, through, and past people. He had all the tools. Cheese plus Stephens made a tandem that together fit the pieces that the Lewis injury forced upon the offense, but it wasn't the same.

Losing Jamal the year after he bludgeoned UGA and others his freshman year was a blow. He was a superstar. A man child. I don't think anyone was crying after Cheese and Stephens kept the ball rolling though.

Gray never scared anyone. He was to slow to be a small back and I can’t recall ever seeing him break a tackle. Chandler wasn’t all that breath taking either. I doubt either will see even a quarter of the time at their new homes that they did here.

Gray never scared anyone. He was to slow to be a small back and I can’t recall ever seeing him break a tackle. Chandler wasn’t all that breath taking either. I doubt either will see even a quarter of the time at their new homes that they did here.
Grey was slow?

Gray was pretty damn good considering every defense he faced stacked the box because they knew Guarantano couldn’t make them pay for doing so.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I don't know that he mad people forget about losing Lewis. The Cheese was awesome and an absolute punisher, but I don't think he was feared in the same way Jamaal was. He has a hammer. Jamaal was a 2000 yard back in the NFL that could run over, through, and past people. He had all the tools. Cheese plus Stephens made a tandem that together fit the pieces that the Lewis injury forced upon the offense, but it wasn't the same.
Lewis had more physical skills and a bigger, faster athlete. Henry was by far a better Rb as far as instincts and the ability to break tackles.

I just wish that Johnny Jones had played on a more talented team. He was smooth like Patterson.

VN Store

Back