Running Backs Update

No that's not it at all because the OL issues didn't start when Pruitt stepped on campus. I do believe OL has been an issue due to Lyle Jones and his poor OL recruiting or lack thereof. Now I will say that Will Friend was not the guy to lead those young OL guys to be great, but it didn't start with neither him nor Pruitt.

If you really want to trace it back, it’s the year that Dooley did not sign a single OL.

Who said he was Henry? He played more like Traphis Stephens than Henry. Gray was faster and had more burst than T. Hen. Even in a discussion Gray was liked by Jamal, T. Steph, and T. Hen.

Being faster or having more burst does not put you in the category as T. Henry, because if that is the case a large number of guys could make this claim. Henry made people forget about Lewis and that was a tall task. He was good for 7 yards when he touched the ball even if it meant dragging defenders 5 yards.

There is still one RB that hasn’t been discussed here and he plays QB....Hendon Hooker. His running ability is explosive & extremely impressive. The run at the 7:04 mark is a prime example:

If he’s the best QUARTERBACK, he’ll play.

Reactions: BreatheUT
If he’s the best QUARTERBACK, he’ll play.

Let's hope instead of having nimrods coaching that stand by the wayside as the offense looks atrocious game after game, loss after loss like the are addicted to taking L's.

Reactions: butchna
What about Len Neth Whitehead? He is listed at 6'1, 225 and was hurt early his freshman year. Has anyone heard how he is progressing? Still in rehab?

Reactions: Evergrenevol
Being faster or having more burst does not put you in the category as T. Henry, because if that is the case a large number of guys could make this claim. Henry made people forget about Lewis and that was a tall task. He was good for 7 yards when he touched the ball even if it meant dragging defenders 5 yards.
TH was my favorite back for a while. I loved his toughness and he had a nasty stiff arm. Gray is was a good back but lost to many big runs due to arm tackles around his legs.

pit looks as if you didn’t read what I said and just started typing.

What ever happened to the kid put of Coalfield? I think he lost his mother right after signing and never enrolled. Anyone know if he ever played again?

Reactions: walkenvol
I don't know that he mad people forget about losing Lewis. The Cheese was awesome and an absolute punisher, but I don't think he was feared in the same way Jamaal was. He has a hammer. Jamaal was a 2000 yard back in the NFL that could run over, through, and past people. He had all the tools. Cheese plus Stephens made a tandem that together fit the pieces that the Lewis injury forced upon the offense, but it wasn't the same.

VN Store

Back