Runners of volnation

Go to a local running store and get fitted. Everyone is different and it depends on what you're looking for / what your goals are. Be prepared to spend $150+.

Reactions: golfballs
Go to a local running store and get fitted. Everyone is different and it depends on what you're looking for / what your goals are. Be prepared to spend $150+.
I've yet to spend that much on a pair. Then again I've been running a long time and don't care about having the "new model" when all they changed was the colorway

By all means find out what you like, but buy it somewhere cheaper.

I've yet to spend that much on a pair. Then again I've been running a long time and don't care about having the "new model" when all they changed was the colorway

This all day. I get the last year's model on 6pm/Zappos or Amazon. Usually around $80-90, rather than $150+

Reactions: YankeeVol

To each their own. I prefer the in person customer service of a locally owned running store. Chances are that you'll find a model not carried in the big box stores and only available online or in the local store. To me it's definitely worth the extra $50 or whatever. With that being said the running store should have quite a bit in the 80-150 range as well.

To each their own. I prefer the in person customer service of a locally owned running store. Chances are that you'll find a model not carried in the big box stores and only available online or in the local store. To me it's definitely worth the extra $50 or whatever. With that being said the running store should have quite a bit in the 80-150 range as well.
Get fit, then look online for a prior edition.

Spend the saved money on fireworks for the upset win.

Reactions: YankeeVol
I’ve been pretty brand loyal to Saucony, but I bought a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS and I’ve been very pleased. They had a longer break in period than other shoes I’ve had (25-30 miles) but I think that may be due to the higher quality construction of the shoe. I’ve got 70 miles on mine so far and they are not showing and signs of wear.

I like the Adidas Ultraboost 19. They are very expensive, but I buy mine off of StockX. I got another pair a few days ago for $93 after shipping. They go for $180 retail. StockX is legit, just be 100% sure you know what size you need because there are no returns.

I like the Adidas Ultraboost 19. They are very expensive, but I buy mine off of StockX. I got another pair a few days ago for $93 after shipping. They go for $180 retail. StockX is legit, just be 100% sure you know what size you need because there are no returns.
I like the Ultraboost's for every day wear.

Hoka one one are awesome. Pair with superfeet insoles. A running store should be able to fit you to something correct for you, but id definately get some variation of hoka. I use hoka arahi for road and hoka clifton for trails.

I got some Hoka Speedgoats this summer and love them. If your running store tries to put you in Zero Drop shoes either politely decline or be prepared to start over from scratch on your distances while your calves and Achilles adapts to the increased range of motion.

I’ve been pretty brand loyal to Saucony, but I bought a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS and I’ve been very pleased. They had a longer break in period than other shoes I’ve had (25-30 miles) but I think that may be due to the higher quality construction of the shoe. I’ve got 70 miles on mine so far and they are not showing and signs of wear.
Brooks makes a good shoe. I’ve been wearing the Ghost for several years now

Occasionally they change. My wife had been wearing the same model Asics for several years and this years model is different and didn’t fit her foot so she switched to Mizuno

Of course the correct answer to the OP
AA0881-802-PHSLH000-2000.png

If no one buys at the local store, they wont be there to help fit you next time around. Help your community out instead of sending more money to Jeff B. (However, local guy needs to play ball, too and not be ridiculous on their prices.)

If no one buys at the local store, they wont be there to help fit you next time around. Help your community out instead of sending more money to Jeff B. (However, local guy needs to play ball, too and not be ridiculous on their prices.)
I understand this sentiment, but if I can get the same product online for half the price I'm going to. Sorry, my wallet comes first. The business has to compete for my money just like I have to earn it.

VN Store

Back